Do You Love All Your Pets Equally?

Blackdogs

Do you love all your pets equally?

Some people stand by the 'parents no favourites' ideology, but I wonder if they really believe it or if it's just something they feel is morally correct and it becomes a mantra.

What do you think?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love my children equally.

I love my pets equally.

I relate better and in different ways to each of my children and each of my pets. It might appear that e love is stronger for one over another, but in many cases its not.

No, I admit I have favourites. :o I know I shouldn't but with so many, there are a few that stand out. My old girl Maisie who was my first dog, and my cat Ginger who I hand raised from 2 days old are just super special. I do love every single one of them though and would do anything for them.

Nope but I am getting there. I often tell the dachie I don't love her as much as the others but she doesn't seem to care. It took me a long time to really bond with her and ironically the more I tell her that she isn't my favourite the more I have bonded with her. :o

I think I do love them equally, but sometimes I think I do have a favourite. Just because one is so easy and the other is such high maintenance it's hard not to feel more affection for the easy going one sometimes. And I feel guilty for that :p

I don't.

I only have one dog but I have five, no 7 cockatiels (took 2 in last week).

Cleo my dalmatian is my baby, I would protect her from anything if I could. She is getting a sibling next year and I already feel the love for that pup will be the same, I am already attached to a pup that is not even in existence! (But I know it's mother and half siblings)

My birdies are different. Ruby, Squeak and Pheonix + 2 newbies are the aviary birds, I love them but not as much as the two babies I handraised last year. They have so much character and are total crack ups.

I don't love my birds as much as my dog, probably because I find it easier to bond with a dog.

I wish I could say I did but I just don't. I love them all, but my Wicked Whippet is just my every little thing. I worship the ground the little devil walks on.

I do love all my dogs, but she is just in a league of her own

I guess now as I have one of each type of animal, 1 dog, horse, goat, cat, budgie...I don't compare them as much any more as when I had 2 horses, 2 dogs and 2 cats. But when having more of the same type, I do tend to think 'well this one has these nice attributes, does this well' or 'I really don't like how this one does that, arhg why can't it be the same as my other'. Makes it easier for my brain I guess.

I love them all the same, but just not constantly comparing them now.