Do You Love All Your Pets Equally?

Blackdogs

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't find the love I have for any of my animals is comparable to the love I have for any of the others. How can it be when they are all different and therefore my relationship with each one of them is different? There's nothing in common to compare. Basically the more I get to know an animal the more I love and appreciate their own special unique selves. If I don't feel as strongly for one it's because I don't know them so well yet. That's all there is to it.

I love my current 2 dogs equally and unconditionally, they are quite different in temperament but both very sweet and funny, and complement each other well. The cat is a demanding little devil, but loved and loving, lol.

None are as dear to me as my heart dogs and cats were, but probably just as well, when those animals passed it was devastating. I have coped much better with the losses since then, maybe we hold back a little to avoid that unbearable loss.

I love mine differently but I don't have a favourite. I am equally insanely and completely in love with my white fluffies.

But, saying that, if Charlie was still around.. he was always referred as my Number 1 :p

I love mine differently but I don't have a favourite. I am equally insanely and completely in love with my white fluffies.

But, saying that, if Charlie was still around.. he was always referred as my Number 1 :p

I'm so sorry to hear about Charlies passing. I've just looked in the Rainbow Bridge topic and found that I was in hospital at that time. He sure was a special and resilient little dog and I used to love reading your stories about him. There are lots of great memories of him here on DOL and I'm sure, as you said, he is ruling his world over the bridge. :heart:

I love my dogs (and cat) deeply and would be beyond devastated if anything happened to any of them. I am responsible for them and love and care for them, I am their person.

However I love Wisdom unlike I've loved anything ever, she means the world to me, the bond I have with her is so strong. I could look at it in a logical way and say well her pack drive is higher etc but the reality is, it isn't logical - I just look at her and think "she's the best dog in the whole world".

Nope :o

Carl and Mischa are my dogs and I love them both to pieces, but Carl is a rescue, and my heart dog. He was my 18th birthday present. Before him, I never had such a strong bond with an animal, not even my horse who I rescued as well. They are treated equally but Carl just gets me. He's literally the other half of my soul. :) Mischa is of course my princess but she can be a right brat at times, and she was the family dog long before she ever decided she liked me (on the day Carl came home, ironically, she became 'my' dog :laugh: ). Jag and Cleo I adore too, but they're 'other' people's dogs.

I loved our old cat Rory far more than the current devil cat we've had since he was a 3 week old :( He bites and scratches and is terribly unpleasant, as hilarious as he is... He just isn't Rory, who was the sweetest, most gentle cat.

I try too but this year I saw a tiny dog in a horrific state in the pound, nursed him back to good health and ended up keeping him. I just adore him so much that it brings tears to my eyes. One thing is that he is quite old and I may not have him for long, he is all the more precious and I grieve for the terrible life he obviously had for so many years. His name is Gulliver and he's stolen my heart.

post-4751-0-11370600-1369658211_thumb.jpg

All of mine give me so much and are so incredibly different. Even my mother/daughter Burmese girls are nothing like each other. I never thought I could love another cat like I loved my Willow (18 years of joy) but I was dead wrong. Brontë (daughter) will always be my spoilt baby girl, Lilly (Mama) is stoic, demonstrative, my right hand girl and runs the house with an iron paw whilst Dizzy (foster failure) is over the top with everything (cuddles, smooch, purr, eat, play). The dogs are interesting too...Ziggy had a tough act to follow after I lost my 17 year old ACD and he simply didn't follow it. His independence was hard to get my head around but we worked hard together and now he makes my heart sing. I fell for Em immediately but we had our training challenges too. She is so cheery and keen and enthusiastic about working with me that I can't resist her charm :)

I'm so sorry to hear about Charlies passing. I've just looked in the Rainbow Bridge topic and found that I was in hospital at that time. He sure was a special and resilient little dog and I used to love reading your stories about him. There are lots of great memories of him here on DOL and I'm sure, as you said, he is ruling his world over the bridge. :heart:

Thank you... he will always be my special guy.

I hope you are well too.

I like that term i agree thats exactly how i feel about razzle he is that for me also :heart: i just love him to pieces and well i love willow too shes a special girl but not the same as razz to me

Nope :o

Carl He's literally the other half of my soul.

I like the dogs better than any if my other pets, because I am a dog person I guess! I do love the, all equally, as they each have their own unique personalities, they are special. However biscuit has really stolen my heart...I don't know what it is, but from day 1 we've had a special bond. He's not the cuddly dog I'd like him to be...but he's just perfect. And as much as I hate to admit it I think he'd have to be the best of the 4 I've owned :o but of course I still treat them all the same, because the others don't know that :3monkeys:

No.. I love both of my dogs very much but my girl is extremely special to me and always will be. She is my heart dog. My partner is the same, he hasn't warmed to our boy who we got in October very much. Don't get me wrong, he loves him, but doesn't necessarily always like him and I must admit sometimes I am the same. We will love him and look after him for the rest of his days but it is just not the same bond we share with our girl.

We have two "family" dogs who I mostly take care of, and then Tux my six month old pup who is my real first dog. I love all of them, but Tux definitely holds a special place. You just know when they're something special. My sister has the same feeling with one of the other dogs, so I think it's a real individual thing :)

I never really bonded with cat number 2. :( even though she's the more affectionate one. Sometimes I wonder whether she'd be better off in a one cat home. So no, although I care about them both very much, I don't love them equally.

Nope. Its like people, you love some, you like some and then you hate some. 2 out of 3 of my dogs I like, the other one I love with all my heart and would run til the end of the earth for her. Dont get me wrong, the other 2 arent lacking in anything, my hubby loves one, my daughter loves the other, So it kinda works in our household.