Gsd Keeps Throwing Up

Hi everyone, :wave:

Hoping someone out there can tell me if they have had similiar symptoms. My GSD (under 2 years) had a severe bout of gastro (she had to be hospitalised and placed on IV fluids and antibiotics) about 2 weeks ago and seems to be okay at the vet clinic and when she has come home she seems

to throw up. I have noticed that if I don't catch her in time she seems to lick it up so I am unsure whether she may have been throwing up all the time she was at the clinic and she quickly may have licked it up before anyone saw it). Of late she seems to be only throwing up white bile (not stiff or

anything) just foamy I surpose you would call with like bubbles in it. Hard to describe LOL. But she is toileting fine and stools look good and generally is ok. Starting to wonder whether she may have a stomach ulcer as she hasn't been scoped yet to rule this out. But barium meals and xrays have been

done and nothing out of the ordinary has been found. It is highly stressful not knowing exactly what is causing this and I am very lucky to have a great vet who is working hard to solve whatever is the cause. Just hoping maybe someone has had similiar symptoms and can perhaps help. She is

currently being feed once a night and this may be changed after speaking to the vet this morning. Also she is about to come on heat and if memory serves me right I think she was also a bit spewey with all the hormones. When she comes home she has been crated on bottled water and is on a grain

free diet and is toileted on leash to make sure she is not accessing anything that may be making her ill.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Firedrop :)

I would consider scanning/scope her. I had a dog with an partial obstruction that wasn’t evident in x-rays and because it was a partial obstruction passed the barium tests. It took 3mths to formally diagnose him.

I would consider scanning/scope her. I had a dog with an partial obstruction that wasn't evident in x-rays and because it was a partial obstruction passed the barium tests. It took 3mths to formally diagnose him.

Thanks cowanbree. I think it may be a good idea to scan her too, just to rule out ulcers or anything like that.

Thanks for your reply. thanks.gif

FD smile.gif