Almost 12yo Greyhound Needs Home Or Rescue Asap

I met this lovely old gentleman today with the unlikely name of Dog Shoesmith at Somersby RSPCA.

While he isnt in danger of PTS this poor old dear needs to be out of the shelter ASAP!! He is bewildered and sad, the shelter is no place for such a rickety old man.

He needs a warm cosy place to rest his bones, and while he has lots of blankets and a coat the shelter is far too cold for this old man.

8888936496_cfac7bc6eb.jpg8888310827_5441d66788.jpg8888934484_775bdf1d3a.jpg

I can help with transport if needed within an hour of the central coast. This boys adoption fee is a very negotiable $100.

Edited by gillbear

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and while we are talking greyhounds the shelter also has this pretty 5yo male available soon. Due to the intervention of a work-experience student this boys planned terminal blood transfusion was cut short and he was surrendered for rehoming.

This is Lokey

8889022256_9d4ef83505.jpg

is he any good with cats or small dogs?

I dont have much info atm on his background, but he should be too rickety to cause much trouble. His listing says ok with cats and dogs :thumbsup:

This is his adoptapet write up:

Dog Shoesmith is an elderly gentleman. He would love you to come and spend some time with him and then adopt him. He is very easy going , loves short walks, loves his dinner and loves a nice pat. He needs a lovely warm heater to be able to stretch out in front of on these cold nights.He is also housetrained. If you think you could find a place in your home for Dogshoesmith please come and meet him.

http://adoptapet.com.au/animal/animalDetails.asp?animalType=3,16&statusid=3&regionID=7&task=search&tpage=1&animalid=295631

Oh Gilly I would love to bring him home :( and well done to the work experience guy, Lokie is gorgeous!!!

Can I list them on the Egrey facebook website?

Edited by stans mum

I dont have much info atm on his background, but he should be too rickety to cause much trouble. His listing says ok with cats and dogs :thumbsup:

Dog Shoesmith is an elderly gentleman. He would love you to come and spend some time with him and then adopt him. He is very easy going , loves short walks, loves his dinner and loves a nice pat. He needs a lovely warm heater to be able to stretch out in front of on these cold nights.He is also housetrained. If you think you could find a place in your home for Dogshoesmith please come and meet him.

http://adoptapet.com.au/animal/animalDetails.asp?animalType=3,16&statusid=3&regionID=7&task=search&tpage=1&animalid=295631

OK with cats? Is that the green lisiting and how is that tested?

He could possibly live out his days here. No heater, we have a wood fire

Els has always wanted a greyhound and we have soft spot for the oldies

Oh WP that would be wonderful!!!

I just need to make sure any dog we take is good with cats. I work from home so they are all indoors together most of the time and when I am not home, they all tend to stay indoors.

I won't ever take on a new one if it could possibly endanger the existing ones.

I will call them tomoz and see if they will agree to trialling him. My two boys are fine with any other dogs, so he only needs to pass the cat test, and be OK seeing horses through a fence :)

I dont know about his history unfortunately I can certainly call tomorrow, he may have lived with cats before as he is housetrained. The shelter would only take into consideration past history and do a walk up to the cattery. He is a lovely old guy WP, poor babe was ready for a laydown after his short walk to do the pic. I imagine this winter will be his last :(

Edited by gillbear

I just need to make sure any dog we take is good with cats. I work from home so they are all indoors together most of the time and when I am not home, they all tend to stay indoors.

I won't ever take on a new one if it could possibly endanger the existing ones.

I will call them tomoz and see if they will agree to trialling him. My two boys are fine with any other dogs, so he only needs to pass the cat test, and be OK seeing horses through a fence :)

Let us know how you go. As long as he is definately cat safe, I think you would love him. :)

I'd like to get him a coat, wherever he's going. I will order, he's so thin - hope they've got a coat on him tonight?

generous as always DM :)

I put his coat on myself when I returned him to his kennel, I also double checked that he had lots of blankets to snuggle in.