Almost 12yo Greyhound Needs Home Or Rescue Asap

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried calling rspca with not a lot of luck

Called, finally got through. They said they do not know his history and that he was fine when walking past a cat and didn't react when cat hissed at him. Then I started to ask more questions and was cut off somehow and they haven't answered when I have tried calling back

This house is so small that I could not separate him from the cats at all, there just aren't enough rooms here.

I might go down tomorrow (working today unfortunately) and meet him.

GB does he still have it in him to chase the cats?

I tried calling rspca with not a lot of luck

Called, finally got through. They said they do not know his history and that he was fine when walking past a cat and didn't react when cat hissed at him. Then I started to ask more questions and was cut off somehow and they haven't answered when I have tried calling back

This house is so small that I could not separate him from the cats at all, there just aren't enough rooms here.

I might go down tomorrow (working today unfortunately) and meet him.

GB does he still have it in him to chase the cats?

they are always super busy when they open. I think his chasing days are well over but he does have a nice set of teeth for his age, so of course the safety of your puddies needs to be paramount. :)

I'm waiting to see how WP went, it might well be worth putting him on Iggy Rescue's Facebook page as a lot of our people love and own the Greys as well.

He's had more shares on the Egrey website than any other greyhound since it started, hoping it works out for him with WP but maybe put him on anyway dogmad.

Edited by stans mum

He's here at my place :) Settling in OK but not sure if he will fit in with everyone. He just growled at Pepe when Pepe went up to sniff him.

Will see how we go over the next 24 hours

He is uninterested in cats and had no interest at all in all the chickens who were running around

He's here at my place :) Settling in OK but not sure if he will fit in with everyone. He just growled at Pepe when Pepe went up to sniff him.

Will see how we go over the next 24 hours

He is uninterested in cats and had no interest at all in all the chickens who were running around

So glad he is with you WP :) Fingers crossed the cranky old man realises how good he's got it!

Thanks for giving him a chance, keep us updated.

I hope he sticks also, he seems a lost soul. It's almost like he is looking for his old owner who I understand is in hospital and no longer able to care for him. I am not sure of the full circumstances, but I wish his owner knew he was now OK and safe

He seems to so far only have an issue with Pepe, our small dog. But only when he goes near him when he is sleeping. To be safe we are going to crate him overnight and when we can't watch him like a hawk.

We had roast lamb for dinner and he was so gentle the way he took left overs from us :)

He's got a new coat, new bed and seems to be settling in. He's a lot warmer than he was last night and has a warm fire going near him :thumbsup:

Apparently his old name was "dog" so he is now Bob the dog :laugh:

I hope he sticks also, he seems a lost soul. It's almost like he is looking for his old owner who I understand is in hospital and no longer able to care for him. I am not sure of the full circumstances, but I wish his owner knew he was now OK and safe

He seems to so far only have an issue with Pepe, our small dog. But only when he goes near him when he is sleeping. To be safe we are going to crate him overnight and when we can't watch him like a hawk.

We had roast lamb for dinner and he was so gentle the way he took left overs from us :)

He's got a new coat, new bed and seems to be settling in. He's a lot warmer than he was last night and has a warm fire going near him :thumbsup:

Apparently his old name was "dog" so he is now Bob the dog :laugh:

Great work :thumbsup:

He will sure be alot more comfortable at your place. Love his new name too, perfect :D

Best wishes WP. Good on you for giving him a chance.

Eta I took in an oldie for one last summer/few months. Stubborn old man lasted two very special years!

Edited by Katdogs