Zig Had Another Turn Last Night

Staffyluv

I just had to race Ziggy to the emergency vet.

They have anaesthetised him to flush his system as they think he has ingested something toxic.

I am a freaking mess right now.

Edited by Staffyluv

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope everything goes well. Fingers crossed for Zig.

Very quiet at our house tonight too. Our Dachie is in hospital with Haemorrhagic Gastro. :(

Shivers sausy dog. I hope the little one gets better soon.

I just made a cup of tea - I feel sick..

He has always eaten grass when he has had an upset tummy but he was practically mowing the lawn tonight and he was a bit 'frantic' - just not himself.

So I called the emergency vet and she said to bring him over.. $700 for the night (I don't pay that much for my own motel accommodations)..

She said they will put him on a drip, knock him out so they can flush his system (not sure how they do that).. I was fine until she had to ask me if I wanted him resuscitated if he crashed. Then I lost it and said of course I do..

Oh crap thats awful, all fingers and paws crossed here.

Have you taken him anywhere different today, has he picked up something he shouldn't have? Could something have been thrown in the yard?

Praying he will be ok!!

I too was an emotional mess when my doggie was at the vets for the night. I didn't sleep at all and was at the vets front door first thing in the morning. Get some good movies to keep your mind off it, read a good book or just come on here for lots of emotional support from people who know what you are going through. Hope there is good news in the morning...if not sooner.