Zig Had Another Turn Last Night

Staffyluv

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the good thoughts everyone.

Zig's blood work was all fine - nothing out of the ordinary an he can go back to his usual diet (which I imagine he will be very happy about, he has never been a big fan of cooked chook and rice).

The vet wants me to keep a bit of a diary each day of what we do and what he eats and if he has another episode to video it so they can see what he is doing.

Our vet is still of the mind that it is probably a very minor seizure but doesn't want to medicate him on a possibility.

So we wait and see if he has another one and what sort of circumstances surrounded it.

Hopefully that won't happen and it was just some random tummy upset that made him hyper and a bit unresponsive.

The vet wants me to keep a bit of a diary each day of what we do and what he eats and if he has another episode to video it so they can see what he is doing.

That's a great idea. I had to keep a record like that when my Annie had a mystery gastric complaint that all tests couldn't get a handle on.

Date, time of day, about specific food eaten .... then any show of symptoms. Along with any behaviours like being 'flat', more lively. Bowel movements etc. It proved fantastic information for the vet. And really showed up one factor .... any processed food (no matter how high quality).... seemed to set it off. Then changed diet & kept on with the record. Symptoms faded.

Hope your diary (& maybe video) will be as helpful.

Oh great news bloods were all clear staffyluv :thumbsup: That must be a huge weight of your mind.

Everything is crossed here that it was just a one off episode for you & your dear Ziggy boy :)

Edited by BC Crazy

Oh great news bloods were all clear staffyluv :thumbsup: That must be a huge weight of your mind.

Everything is crossed here that it was just a one off episode for you & your dear Ziggy boy :)

That is just it - it wasn't a one off. This has happened 4 times now.

The episode that sent him to the emergency vet was much worse than the other times.

The first one was a few months ago and I just thought he had an upset tummy (eating grass and stressing). Then it happened again about a month later, the same as the first time and again I thought it was an upset tummy.

The third time - he was absolutely frantic, wide eyed, eating grass like no tomorrow, shaking and drooling. This is why I raced him to the emergency vet.

Then last Thursday (exactly a week after being in emergency) he had another episode like the first two..

I am keeping a diary of food, exercise, what we do etc.

So far so good.

The episode that sent him to the emergency vet was much worse than the other times.

The first one was a few months ago and I just thought he had an upset tummy (eating grass and stressing). Then it happened again about a month later, the same as the first time and again I thought it was an upset tummy.

The third time - he was absolutely frantic, wide eyed, eating grass like no tomorrow, shaking and drooling. This is why I raced him to the emergency vet.

Then last Thursday (exactly a week after being in emergency) he had another episode like the first two..

So far so good.

Oh opologises Staffyluv, I thought it was just a one off. Zig's a very mysterious boy then isn't he?

You are doing all you can, keeping a diary etc, he is in the very best if hands, yours. I sincerely hope he doesn't have a relapse. Sending positive healing thoughts from my guys to Zig. Don't forget to take care of you too :)

So far so good.

Oh opologises Staffyluv, I thought it was just a one off. Zig's a very mysterious boy then isn't he?

You are doing all you can, keeping a diary etc, he is in the very best if hands, yours. I sincerely hope he doesn't have a relapse. Sending positive healing thoughts from my guys to Zig. Don't forget to take care of you too :)

That is OK - I did start a thread one night here a while back where he was being weird and took him to the vet the next day and we all put it down to an upset tummy, so when it happened the second time, I did the same thing.. But the third one was so much worse..

I have tried to think of what he could have had/eaten/done on the days he was sick at night (it's always at night) and I can't for the life of me match it up to anything really.

Thanks for the positive thoughts everyone - much appreciated.

I usually get his meat from Woolies - just human grade roo, turkey, beef. His turkey necks and chook carcasses come from here as well.

His other bones come from the butchers at the markets (beef and lamb ribs).

Not sure but it is definitely something to look out for.