Help To Settle Dog's Stomach

Our little terrier cross Charlie was sick again last night. This happen every now and then. I could see he wanted to go outside so left him out in the pen for a while and then went out with him while he went around eating grass which he later vomited up (on the loungeroom mat of course!!!) We had a few grass eating trips outside but no diarrhea . I always have a container of chicken and rice in freezer which I give both dogs for their meals the next day. Is there anything else I can give him to help settle his tummy when he first shows signs of upset tummy?

What Pers said :)

You can't do anything much other than let his tummy settle and only give bland food as you are doing. Vet visit with observations about any factor that may bring it on - any particular foods or something in the yard he may be getting in to? Hope he feels better soon.

Our little terrier cross Charlie was sick again last night. This happen every now and then. I could see he wanted to go outside so left him out in the pen for a while and then went out with him while he went around eating grass which he later vomited up (on the loungeroom mat of course!!!) We had a few grass eating trips outside but no diarrhea . I always have a container of chicken and rice in freezer which I give both dogs for their meals the next day. Is there anything else I can give him to help settle his tummy when he first shows signs of upset tummy?

My Lab often eats grass. She does that even more often when we are out at the park. Not sure why she does that. No diarrhoea was produced just lotsa cow behaviour.

Not sure what the vet could or would do in situation like this. If both dogs east the same thing and only 1 has trouble, then your food is all well. Perhaps you should discount the rice on the affected dog as rice could be too hard to digest for a weak stomach. Avoid any other food especially dairy and fibre.