Hemangiosarcoma And Splenectomy

wuffles

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so very sorry to hear this. Hemangiosarcoma is very common in GSDs and our vet said he thinks one in every two sheps will die from it. I lost one of my girls to it at a few months shy of ten, spleen ruptured so was removed but cancer had spread to liver which ruptured a few months later and we has to pts. I lost her daughter to the same thing at 12 1/2. Wishing you all the very best, you are in my thoughts

Edit to say so very sorry, I only read the first post before replying, so very sorry for your loss :cry: I hope that one day they will find a cure for the 'silent cancer'

Edited by german_shep_fan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My dog was four when he got histiocytic sarcoma. He is still with me now thank goodness. He went through chemotherapy and suffered no side effects whatsoever. There are many different types of chemotherapy. I have just been allowed to post in the health section regarding the new canine cancer website which gives all the info on the different types of chemo and other therapies out there as well as on the different cancers by body part. There is an article on haemangiosarcoma under the spleen and if you follow the links there is five different websites that give you direct access from reputable world sites on haemangiosarcoma.

Hope that helps.