Accidental Late Entry

cassie

Hi guys, please forgive my questions, I'm new to all this. I just entered a show using ozentries then realised that entries actually closed two days ago. It said I had successfully entered and my payment was processed. I've only paid for one baby puppy on one day so it's no great expense and I'm not at all concerned about losing the money, but how will I know now if I am actually entered or not? And for future, if I had got my entry in on time, is there a way to check that you are actually 100% entered? I don't think we get sent catalogues here in SA prior to the show. I would just hate to arrive and then not be able to compete! Feeling like a real novice! :o

Hi guys, please forgive my questions, I'm new to all this. I just entered a show using ozentries then realised that entries actually closed two days ago. It said I had successfully entered and my payment was processed. I've only paid for one baby puppy on one day so it's no great expense and I'm not at all concerned about losing the money, but how will I know now if I am actually entered or not? And for future, if I had got my entry in on time, is there a way to check that you are actually 100% entered? I don't think we get sent catalogues here in SA prior to the show. I would just hate to arrive and then not be able to compete! Feeling like a real novice! :o

If Ozentries accepted your entry and payment, despite the advertised closing late being earlier, you're in!

It's not unusual for Ozentries to be open a while longer than the advertsised date. :)

You should receive an email confirming your entry.

Ozentries online entries certainly saves show secretaries receiving many late phone calls asking if entries are closed. If Ozentries are still open exhibitors can enter their dogs at that show. This year Lillydale K C Inc Friday 9th & Sat 10th Aug shows in Melbourne have introduced Online entries via Ozentries. So easy you are right! David B Lillytdale K C Inc

I've been a bit naughty about entering late...

I just ring the trial secretary and ask permission / let them know.

It does freak them out somewhat tho. Anyone doing SAODC games trial - if you can bear to enter early - it would help the secretary remain calm. But we managed just fine last year.

Most of them go by the Aus post date - ie if close is Friday and your letter is stamped Friday - they accept it even tho it's not likely to show up until Monday or Tuesday the following week. Oz entries is probably bliss compared to that.

I don't think we get sent catalogues here in SA prior to the show.

No one sends you a catalogue before the shows.

Fair enough, I thought they did in NSW. Maybe I'm thinking of something else!