Dental Sticks For Teeth

Having a bit of sale here on Greenies

http://www.mypetwarehouse.com.au/GREENIES-TREAT-PAK-25%25-BONUS-BOX-LARGE-p-14571

But to be candid, this product seems exaggerated. The raw bones are a better deal and seems like the natural way of cleaning their teeth.

I had been providing raw bones on a daily basis for years and then I decided to go cheapskate and stop. For about a year she didn't had one and low and behold she's got tooth decay (and infected gums) now.

What do people recommend for dogs who cannot have raw bones?

What are people's thoughts on nylabones?

Carrot sticks! And my guys have nyla bones too, as bones they can have in the house and on the bed. Not sure if they do much for the teeth but they would certainly do more than greenies or dentastix as they actually chew them.

Would those 2x4 biscuits do anything?

Amber's teeth are great and I reckon there is something about her Prescription food that it causing that. Poppy has some tartar on her teeth. I guess I could lock Amber up and feed Poppy a bone but would feel a bit mean doing that.

In theory my Labrador eats anything and everything. But for some reasons the NylaBone only got her to munch a few times. She gave up quickily as if it's not food and treated it as a toy-only. It's a chicken flavoured, though. So, just be wary your dog may not dive into it.

Thanks for the replies thumbsup1.gif

My dogs like nylabones, but haven't had them in years. Might go and buy some, actually.

The dog who can't eat bones (constantly vomiting up bone shards or getting severely constipated) doesn't like carrot laugh.gif

The one who eats bones like carrots, and funny that she is actually the one with tartar. The non-bone/carrot eater has sparkling teeth. Go figure :shrug:

Yes they do like the deer antler and didn't find any issues with those, but the dogs are inside during the day and smashing a deer antler around on the wood floors doesn't sit well with me laugh.gif

In theory my Labrador eats anything and everything. But for some reasons the NylaBone only got her to munch a few times. She gave up quickily as if it's not food and treated it as a toy-only. It's a chicken flavoured, though. So, just be wary your dog may not dive into it.

Yeah, neither of mine will touch Nylabones :shrug:

Thanks for the replies thumbsup1.gif

My dogs like nylabones, but haven't had them in years. Might go and buy some, actually.

The dog who can't eat bones (constantly vomiting up bone shards or getting severely constipated) doesn't like carrot laugh.gif

The one who eats bones like carrots, and funny that she is actually the one with tartar. The non-bone/carrot eater has sparkling teeth. Go figure :shrug:

Yes they do like the deer antler and didn't find any issues with those, but the dogs are inside during the day and smashing a deer antler around on the wood floors doesn't sit well with me laugh.gif

The dog that can't eat bones...have you tried him on a turkey neck ???

Yes she's had those but nothing really agrees with her. i keep reintroducing stuff hoping this time will be ok but nope! She had 2 chicken wings for breakfast on Sunday morning and a few chicken necks for dinner Monday night. I was awoken at 6.30am Tuesday morning to a dog throwing up bone shards on my carpet! Noice.