Dogs Face

Hi guys hope someone can help. I have a Maltese / poodle she's white & has horrible stains around eyes, we have tried baby wipes & tea to remove stains but nothing removes it. She does get clipped in summer, but now it's winter to cold so was hoping someone could suggest a product that works, we have tried tear stain remover but didn't work.

Willing to try natural non harmful stuff. As its near eyes.

Please any help welcome.

I have tried ACV in water but my Maltese x didn't like the taste. It worked but so did pure distilled water as drinking water. There's also a natural formula of Angel Eyes that's said to be effective. I've tried the non-natural formula and that works too but now that I know what's in it I'll never use it again.

Have you had her eyes checked properly? She could have extra eyelashes or blocked tear ducts.

Yep to this ,staining just doesn't happen for a reason & you can use every product under the sun but if there is an issue your wasting your money .

I have tried ACV in water but my Maltese x didn't like the taste. It worked but so did pure distilled water as drinking water. There's also a natural formula of Angel Eyes that's said to be effective. I've tried the non-natural formula and that works too but now that I know what's in it I'll never use it again.

What is in the non natural Angel Eye's minyvlz? I was thinking of getting some for my boy to try as he has some slight brown/rusty stains around his mouth.

I've been using Angels Eyes on my maltese boy who is 16 weeks - he had slight tear staining when he was very little but I have been using it every morning - 1/8 teaspoon mixed in with his breakfast and he has a lovely clean white face - ingredients are sweet potato, brown rice and tylosin and tartrate (not really sure what that is)

Linked but a little OT - I visited my friend today at her house and her swf had feet that looked like he'd been playing in the mud! She said he licks them. He had a slight pinky stain around his mouth but his feet looked exactly like he'd been in dark brown mud. Has anyone seen anything like that before or do you know of a product to address the staining? I've never had a dog with any staining so have no idea, but DOLers know everything!

I've been using Angels Eyes on my maltese boy who is 16 weeks - he had slight tear staining when he was very little but I have been using it every morning - 1/8 teaspoon mixed in with his breakfast and he has a lovely clean white face - ingredients are sweet potato, brown rice and tylosin and tartrate (not really sure what that is]

Glad to hear it has cleared your little ones eye staining.

I was under the impression that it was like a low grade anti biotic. I was just wondering if it had any nasties in it that I need know about. Might google up the ingredients list just to be sure. I did try the natural Angel Eyes but wasn't very effective with my boy's slight staining on his lower jaw line.

Linked but a little OT - I visited my friend today at her house and her swf had feet that looked like he'd been playing in the mud! She said he licks them. He had a slight pinky stain around his mouth but his feet looked exactly like he'd been in dark brown mud. Has anyone seen anything like that before or do you know of a product to address the staining? I've never had a dog with any staining so have no idea, but DOLers know everything!

My dog (rescue with high anxiety) had bad staining like this from years of continual OCD licking of her feet. It's the stain from the saliva.

The answer to it would be to address the behaviour, we worked on it with a combination of training and DAP collars etc. Now she still licks them when something 'new' happening, ie anything out of usual routine, but otherwise is good :)

We've had the same experience as Huga with our white tibbie. The staining on his paws and around his eyes cleared up once we switched him to a raw diet. He is also a lot less itchy.

Our Cavs get it a bit. I just wash them around the eyes when it gets really bad, also use Coco and Rufus tear stain removal to help a bit. Someone told me to use baby oil under the eyes once the stain has been removed to help build up or spreading more ? I also trim the worse of it out as well (when its really dried up) with some clippers.

Our Miah was bad for a while ( shes on a raw diet) but has come good lately. Was told it can happen at teething time for some puppies.

Nothing wrong with ours, altho Joey has some eye issues atm (which is being treated for) but he has had tear stains over the years when hes had no eye issues.

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs