Friend With Dogs Found A Ribbon At Her Gate - Looks Like A Prank

mixeduppup

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of whether it is true or not, people need to secure their dogs. If someone can walk down your driveway and open a gate then your dog is not secure. A cheap padlock from Bunnings could keep your dogs safe. I'd be more worried about a meter reader or bored kid letting my dogs out.

Some and only some have been taken for dog fights as my friend had her dead dog dumped back in her front yard 2 weeks after it had been stolen and the poor thing had been mauled.

So, you caught the "dog fighters" then? Otherwise, how can you be sure the dog wasn't just mauled by another dog in a non-dog fighting scenario?

Until police catch dog fighters and all other scenarios can be ruled out, do you think it wise to state as a fact (as you have above) that some are being taken for dog fighting?

Actually 3 guys are currently under investigation for it in the Beenleigh area. A neighbour had seen them pull up and dump the dog and got their registration number. Yes there is a lot of hysteria about it and some of the stories are bull, but I don't think people should be totally in denial about it all.

Actually 3 guys are currently under investigation for it in the Beenleigh area. A neighbour had seen them pull up and dump the dog and got their registration number. Yes there is a lot of hysteria about it and some of the stories are bull, but I don't think people should be totally in denial about it all.

Investigation for dog fighting? Could you link me to something official?

Being realistic isn't being in denial. Dog fighting is barely a blip on the radar - it's not in every council area, in every state, in every country, all occurring at the same time while the criminals fiddle with their stickers and ribbons.

Some and only some have been taken for dog fights as my friend had her dead dog dumped back in her front yard 2 weeks after it had been stolen and the poor thing had been mauled.

So, you caught the "dog fighters" then? Otherwise, how can you be sure the dog wasn't just mauled by another dog in a non-dog fighting scenario?

Until police catch dog fighters and all other scenarios can be ruled out, do you think it wise to state as a fact (as you have above) that some are being taken for dog fighting?

Umm - if you work for the police then you should know that you should not be disclosing information about current police investigations. Sure fire way of giving a defence lawyer an avenue for attack too.

Seriously astounded.