Special Request For Sydney Rescuers

Great news, really hope he can find a safe place to stay and keep his dog. So sad we have people in this situation.

I was thinking the same, Coogie. I have read that depending on the length of time some people have been homeless, it can be very difficult for them to actually adjust to living in a permanent place again.

Going off topic, you'd think that our country would be able to find the resources to build and manage hostels and the like :mad

And then of course there would be a "No Pets" rule so people like John would not go there. :(

Actually, not all of the hostels have a "no dogs" rule, but they can't guarantee a dog's safety there... sad, but true.

Katdogs, can you see if you can get a rough size of Carrie for me - I'd like to get her some winter coats... and if John is anywhere near my size, I'm sure I can find some jumpers or trakky daks he could have too...

T.

So nice to see the photos, also probably off topic DD, when I worked in Public Health in Camden, London we were lucky enough to have a St. Mungo's shelter in the borough. They actively worked to keep homeless people and their pets together. It was amazing to work with them. I'm not suggesting it solved everything - there is a massive problem still in the UK much worse than here. But it was so good to see the people who had access to the service get a positive, safe outcome for themselves and their pets. I think anyone who has been in a vaguely precarious position at some time can't help but think there but for the grace of God.........

Link below if anyone is interested in checking out St Mungo's. If anyone knows of a similar service here I would be grateful for a link.

St. Mungo's

Hey Katdogs... would John like some spare collars for Carrie? Come raid my box of collars for some that may fit her...

We could get him a few nice little tags for her too so that if she ever goes missing again she can be returned faster when found.

Those photos are lovely - look at Carrie looking at the camera with the "what's the fuss" look in the first one... what a little character!

T.

• Like 1

Oh so pleased Carrie has been returned to John :thumbsup: There are just some evil,cruel people around :mad:( Fancy kicking poor little Carrie.... Shame on them.

Wonderful outcome though. You can see how much John loves her & vise versa.

Oh so pleased Carrie has been returned to John :thumbsup: There are just some evil,cruel people around :mad:( Fancy kicking poor little Carrie.... Shame on them.

Wonderful outcome though. You can see how much John loves her & vise versa.

Yes, it is horrible to think of anything/anyone being kicked, but worse when the creature is so small. :cry:

However, it may have been another homeless person without full mental faculties. Sad even so.

Edited by Danny's Darling

Yes DDarling, you have a valid point there. There are a lot of mentally impaired people living on the streets. Sad but very true :(

Least John has his little friend back. They are doing it tough though. Out in the elements. Can't help but feel for little Carrie. Not that I don't feel for John's circumstanes but dogs like little Carrie through no fault of their own as they don't have a voice are very vunerable unfortunately.

Edited by BC Crazy

• 6 years later...
4 hours ago, Debbie Organ said:

Thought you might be interested. I took John and Carrie off the streets. 

It was Johns birthday last week and Carrie is good . Both happy and well

Debbie 

WOW.  How did you find this thread?  It is from 2013.  

I hope both John and Carrie are well and happy.   It would be good to know more about how you became involved and helped them.  

Great news.   

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Such a lovely heartwarming photograph.  How did the celebratory dinner go?  I am sure you all have the best time  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:  

I love that you have kept us up to date @Debbie Organ.    Is there anything that you need?  

This “adventure” started 8 years ago and I am sure many of us are thrilled to know that John and Carrie are still with you and John looks really very well.  

Edited by Loving my Oldies