Why Is Jackson Still Waiting?

At the start of the year a friend of a friend was having personal issues and could no longer keep the dog he'd saved from death row [under my recommendation] so I said he could stay with us until a home was found. Knowing what a great temperament Jackson has and the fact that he's handsome as anything I thought he'd only be with us a month or two. It's been over 6 months now and he's still waiting.

During that time he's had four suitable applications. Two pulled out before the meet and greet because they decided their second dog was too old for him. The other two decided they weren't ready for a second dog after all [Jackson did nothing inappropriate at either meet and greet].

The whole time he's been here he's never caused any trouble with my own four dogs [two of which can be quite selective]. I'd love for him to go to a home with lots of dogs, but even if there's only one for company I think he'll be happy.

If you know of anyone looking for a dog like him can you please share his profile? I'd really like him to find his perfect forever home soon. He's only available for adoption in NSW and ACT.

http://www.fetchingdogs.com.au/dogs/jackson/

945413_308496162613949_122090096_n.jpg

He has his own Facebook page too where there are squillions more photos of him > https://www.facebook.com/000.jackson.000

Edited by ruthless

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, what a gorgeous dog!! I wish I could take him.

Hopefully the right owners will come along soon. :crossfingers:

What I am wondering is, has that already happened :D :D

Wonder no more, four dogs is our limit. We're renting.

I've been watching Jackson, Ruth, and I don't know why he hasn't found a new home yet, either. :( Your photos, as always, are stunning.

Have you tried running an ad in the paper or promoting one of his posts on Facebook? Is he listed on Gumtree?

No, no and no!

He's had soooooooo much promotion online by people sharing posts and blog posts and PetRescue have plugged him a few times too. [As well as me posting about him on all my many pages a few times a week and Fetching Dogs promoting him on their page.]

I'll ask FD about listing him on Gumtree. I think in the past they found it attracted crappy enquiries though.

I see him and share your pictures of him as well - I have no idea why he doesn't have a family of his own yet..

He is such a gorgeous boy and your photos are always divine..

I guess the right one just hasn't spotted him yet - surely they can't be far away.

Jackson is very attractive, he has long legs and is fairly light built. But all that does not show in the photo on top of post. Maybe one of the other photos should be used, to do him justice? Just my humble opinion. Hope the person, who absolutely adores him, finds him soon. :)

Another thing is that the application has 25 questions to fill in... That's a lot of effort that not all potential adopters are happy to go through. Asking so many questions may be putting potential adopters off.

Ruth I hate to say it but do you think all the BSL crap has anything to do with it. People might be scared that they will get him and have him taken away. Look at Rockets story, as everyone well knows he did absolutely nothing wrong and got taken. Just a thought.

Pity you can't keep him, he looks well settled and loved at your place. I know you are probably sick of hearing that. I hope someone suitable comes for him soon!

I don't want to be flamed but I want to be honest.

As rescuers we see the beauty in these dogs, although what we find appealing and what the general public do can be two different things. A tan bull breed is really just another tan bull breed, there's nothing defining about their look that catches the eye of someone who may not be familiar with the love of a bull breed.....I hope I worded that well...I probably didn't.

I would put his main pic up as a black and white one, i don't like the 2 first ones with him just looking up.

The comments on his page need to be simplified, don't mention resource, most pople have no idea what it means, re write it it joe blogg language, post pics of him with ears flapping, none of him wrestling, it puts people off.

Also the strong leadership comment is off putting as is the correction collar, all these can be discussed later, you need people through the door first, atm he is sounding too hard, which to us in the know he isn't.

At the start of the year a friend of a friend was having personal issues and could no longer keep the dog he'd saved from death row [under my recommendation] so I said he could stay with us until a home was found. Knowing what a great temperament Jackson has and the fact that he's handsome as anything I thought he'd only be with us a month or two. It's been over 6 months now and he's still waiting.

During that time he's had four suitable applications. Two pulled out before the meet and greet because they decided their second dog was too old for him. The other two decided they weren't ready for a second dog after all [Jackson did nothing inappropriate at either meet and greet].

The whole time he's been here he's never caused any trouble with my own four dogs [two of which can be quite selective]. I'd love for him to go to a home with lots of dogs, but even if there's only one for company I think he'll be happy.

If you know of anyone looking for a dog like him can you please share his profile? I'd really like him to find his perfect forever home soon. He's only available for adoption in NSW and ACT.

http://www.fetchingdogs.com.au/dogs/jackson/

945413_308496162613949_122090096_n.jpg

He has his own Facebook page too where there are squillions more photos of him > https://www.facebook.com/000.jackson.000

I'm a small dog (westies, jrts) person but I think this photo is lovely and many on Jackson's facebook page and petrescue too. His breed mix is interesting but people looking for a medium mix breed I guess shouldn't be put off. It is hard to know why you still have him as he sounds such a good well-balanced dog with a fun nature. I think most of us who foster have had one (or more) that hasn't seemed popular for some unknown reason but then out of the blue a great home comes along. I'm sure that will happen soon for Jackson. :crossfingers: