K9 Noseworks Seminar Melbourne - Updated!

I havent posted on here in such a long timebut came looking for some ideas for my pup on healing and couldnt help but notice this thread! SnT did an AWESOME job with this seminar, Frankie and I had a ball, and was nice to meet a few new people, Justrace, it must have been you with the Brit puppy I talked to a few times?!

I've gotten a bunch of boxes from bunnings and the bottle shop and been doing it with all 3 dogs since, and they are having the best time, and its giving me a workout trying to think of new hidey spots too!

I am crossing everything that Jen gets her visa and comes to melb :)

Edited by shoemonster

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Spotty, its beeen a while!

What you up to?

Finishing PhD. Seventeen million* casual jobs (Uni teaching, research assistant, dog trainer). 2 overseas trips - mostly study.

Retrieving trialling with Springer (Em)

Zig still going strong in agility. Em does a bit on the side. Ran Zig in CDX at Dally Nationals last year and he was great - except for the hilarious moment when he mistook the judge's legs for mine and took the dumbbell over to her. I have it on DVD and the look on his face is priceless :rofl:

Not much really :D

* possibly a slight exaggeration

Edited by The Spotted Devil

hahahah love it, thats so cute!

Busy busy! The springer seems vaguely familiar, I must have read you got her, or were getting her :)

Ed & Molly are 8 now, Ed's been retired from pretty much everything as he's ruptured a disc, and I've also got a new pup Frankie, Ed's daughter, who is just wonderful :) Oh and the human kid is 3.5 which means its been way too long since I was in the obed ring, I stopped when I was pregnant cos I couldnt stop throwing up LOL

How lovely you have an Ed daughter - a wonderful legacy and I'm sorry to hear of Ed's injury.

..... its been way too long since I was in the obed ring, I stopped when I was pregnant cos I couldnt stop throwing up LOL

:rofl: Best excuse EVER :rofl:

Wow, 3.5 already :eek: Where has the time gone???

Sorry for OT - talk about blast from the past :thumbsup:

lol yeah and I didnt want to get in trouble for fouling the ring myself!

Ed's doing ok, he can still walk thankfully, but he cant run around, or do flyball or any of the things he loves, its onlead walks for him, but I am starting to do a little obed with him and may just get that last novice pass. He is also totally loving the nose work!

I havent posted on here in such a long timebut came looking for some ideas for my pup on healing and couldnt help but notice this thread! SnT did an AWESOME job with this seminar, Frankie and I had a ball, and was nice to meet a few new people, Justrace, it must have been you with the Brit puppy I talked to a few times?!

I've gotten a bunch of boxes from bunnings and the bottle shop and been doing it with all 3 dogs since, and they are having the best time, and its giving me a workout trying to think of new hidey spots too!

I am crossing everything that Jen gets her visa and comes to melb :)

Frankie was an absolute gun!!!!! If we could bottle her joy at searching those boxes imagine how happy the world would be!!!

Hi everyone,

have not logged in for ages.

I would just like to reiterate what others have said. S & T did a fantastic job with the organisation and lunch was an absolute winner.

Frankie was awesome.

I am about to post for new classes starting in Castle Hill Sydney if you have any mates up here that may be interested.

I can see how much you guys would love the chance to train under Jenn B, it will be worth the wait. It is great to see how much the dogs love it.

I think I'm a bit late with the bandwagon but can blind dogs do nosework?

We have a cocker that is currently loosing his sight due to PRA and he's only 5 and a half. He already spends a lot of time having to sniff out his balls when we're at the park as he doesn't always see where they land and you can tell how much he loves it when his tail is doing figure eights :p