Police Shoot Dog

myValkyrie

The only public property the Greeks have damaged, isolated incidents aside, is a means or a result of clashing with police. The bullets in Greece, as in Australia only fly one way so they resort to chipping stones off public buildings to fight back--in the US they fly both ways, and that has been and will continue to be the result of police injustice.

That is just not correct. But since it has nothing to do with the topic I'll leave it at that.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon it is correct, but no it doesn't have a great deal to do with the discussion. The relevant point is, they're demonstrating against official corruption and incompetence, because they've had enough and they'd have Buckley's chance of justice from the authorities if they sat around with a servile attitude trusting government mechanisms to come through for them without force.

Edited by KungLao

And no, he didn't have right to film anything at the crime scene.

I don't know where you get this, but it was the blokes right to film them, certainly by a libertarian measure, and also by a Californian legal measure. The only thing he obstructed was their precious sensibility, the offence against justice was committed by the police, not the civilian.

I don't know where you get this, but it was the blokes right to film them, certainly by a libertarian measure, and also by a Californian legal measure. The only thing he obstructed was their precious sensibility, the offence against justice was committed by the police, not the civilian.

And they have right to remove anybody from the crime scene anyway they like.

Did police act in the most intelligent way? Of course not. But some comments here were way out of touch with reality.

Wrong.

Did police act in the most intelligent way? Of course not.

Correct. The reality is that they overstepped, threw their weight around trying to be tough guys and flex their authority, shot and tortured a pet, and now there's a revolt against them and they're off the street due to fears that the bullies might become the bullied.

Edited by KungLao

Wrong.

You shouldn't really talk about something you know nothing about. It looks like trolling.

And some new information. Allegedly, the owner of the dog have history of clashing with police and trying to get compensation. So the whole thing may be a set up.

Yes a set up, of course. The bloke filmed police, put his dog in the car, and complied with their outrageous arrest in the hope his dog would be shot, and the fellow filming whose footage we have seen is a co-conspirator? The police are the victims, because they were entrapped? You mentioned 'realities' earlier; I'm not sure you are demonstrating a hold of them.

So what if he does have a history of clashing with police and or seeking compensation?

They're going to try and dig up and say anything they can to come out looking clean. They already said that they permitted one of the public demonstrations, which was conducted without a permit, to proceed because they felt it would help the 'healing process'. A lame attempt to pretend they're the good guys and are the ones holding the cards, when infact they've upped their numbers considerably and erected a barricade around the perimeter of the station knowing full well they aren't the only ones partial to popping off a few rounds. The bear's been poked enough and now they're trying to back out, they wouldn't dare dig themselves in deeper by interfering with those demonstrators. If they wanted to help the healing process perhaps they might condemn the actions of the officers involved, reprimand them, and offer a public apology?

Edited by KungLao

Whats funny though is that no matter how much crap and general hatred you spew from the safety of your own home, behind your keyboard, if you ever needed them, they still would put their life on the line to help you.

You're an absolute joke.

You weren't there, know nothing about what happened other than a short vid, and a news story, yet you feel all high and mighty enough to condemn all police officers based on your jaded view of life.

Do me a favor, next time you need the police, don't call them, would prefer their time is not wasted with people like you, so they can help the rest of us.

Oh, and there are many parts of the world where you don't have to put up with a police force that constantly abuses your "right" to be a moron. Go and live there, I'm sure you would love it.

That Rotti would have scared the crap out of 99.9% of people on earth.

I have a better idea; I'll make use of the police service as I see fit, and I'll demand that they maintain professional standards of integrity, honesty and respect toward the community they're supposed to be protecting.

I'm not condemning all police, I'v only addressed the bullies in the footage, the disingenuous spokesman that I paraphrased, and cited the ongoing failures to produce justice for the people from within police and broader government mechanisms where police misconduct is concerned.

As a matter of fact, I'v got a mate that's a cop, don't dislike him at all. I'v known a few others too, the truth is that their private thoughts about some of what goes on when dealing with the public, the tacit code of conduct amounting to corruption that exists internally, and the cowboys effectively beyond reproach can be quite different to what they're conditioned to let on--don't be so naive.

Edited by KungLao

they're off the street due to fears that the bullies might become the bullied.[/font][/color]

Whilst I understand the anger at what happened I cant believe you are advocating vigilantism against the police and their families to the extent they have been relocated for their own safety, and on a public forum. There is a correct channel for complaints against police. This is not one of them.

If you approve so deeply of vigilantism, I believe it's still pretty socially acceptable up in the mountains of Afghanistan.

The police officer's family should not have to fear attack because of one stupid act he committed... by all means roast him publicly for his actions, but for dogs' sake leave his wife and kids out of it!

T.

I have met the president of SPCA LA (impressive individual and organisation) and they work closely with the LAPD and other agencies. I understand there are now 2 independent agency reviews of the incident underway and the Hawthorn PD is liasing with SPCA LA further.

Edited by The Spotted Devil