Pomeranian Having Trouble Breathing

yellowgirl

he should start feeling better really quickly once the extra fluid is gone. I am really surprised that the emergency vet didnt pick it up immediately though.

he should start feeling better really quickly once the extra fluid is gone. I am really surprised that the emergency vet didnt pick it up immediately though.

Me too! Would have taken a lot of the guesswork out.

But I'm very happy there's a diagnosis. :)

:hug:

:pray:

:D

:love:

Yep, me too. LOL.

Hmm, I am a bit surprised too. At least it has happened now and Chester can look forward to a much much much better life.

Raffi, start misbehaving :provoke::provoke:

Me too! Would have taken a lot of the guesswork out.

But I'm very happy there's a diagnosis. :)

same here

glad to hear of the cause for his discomfort has been diagnosed and can start to get better

Thanks guys :)

The emergency vet didn't examine him at all. She went by the notes from the last visit and my videos. She never touched him. My vet didn't get a report of the visit either.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:hug:

:pray:

:D

:love:

Wonderful news Jo. Good to get some answers at last for the little man, persistence pays off. He won't know himself when he is back to normal again. Hugs to you, Chester and all your Little Legs kids. xxx

I haven't posted on this thread before, but have been reading through - that first video broke my heart to see little Chester struggling to much to breathe - so glad you have some answers and a course of action. Chester is lucky to have an angel like you to help giving him a fighting chance - I wish there were more like you!

I am so pleased you've found out what's wrong with little Chester, Jo. :thumbsup: Hopefully it's all uphill from here. :crossfingers:

Good on you for being there for him, he is adorable. :heart:

They are both the most adorable little dogs!!! It so nice to see these guys being given a second chance.

Best wishes I hope he makes a quick recovery.

DUDES

Bon and Lucy send girly Pom kisses and well wishes!

So pleased he has a diagnosis. Poor little man.

Holy moly!! We talk about dogs having huge hearts, but we don't always mean it literally...

Little man Chester definitely has lots of fighting spirit, and that will hold him in good stead to get through this with the best results... and he has the best rescue mummy to help him along IMHO.

Glad to finally have a diagnosis, and that we now know that he can recover and live the rest of his life in relative comfort.

Go Chester!

T.

Thank you everyone :) :heart:

Yellow Girl, I used to do leatherwork. I've stopped now but I still have some things in my leather box. I'm wondering if I give you something can you sell it on ebay as a fundraiser? Do you do stuff like that. I cannot afford to donate money, but in the past I've dontated my leather work for various dog charities (WRAP in the USA being one) and it's helped raise money.

I've got a 44"/112cm 6 strand kangaroo hide leash here, I hand cut the hide, and plaited it up. Would be good for a strong dog, if you want I can take a photo of it.

That's so kind of you Kirislin! I'm hoping to organise a fundraiser in a couple of weeks, probably an auction type of thing. It would be lovely to have one of your leads :) It's up to you how you'd like to do it, you can either post it to:

Little Legs Dog Rescue

PO Box 391

Marden SA 5070

or, send me a photo and after the auction you can post it to the winner. I'm happy to cover postage costs. It's really nice of you to offer, thank you so much :hug: xx

I'm so pleased for you Jo and Chester! Its such a relief to know what you're dealing with. Hope you have speedy recovery gorgeous boy. And Jo he's such a gorgeous little fella - I think I'm going to have add a Pom like him to my list!!! Do give me a hoy if there's anything I can do to help.smile.gif

Thanks guys :) <br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252);">The emergency vet didn't examine him at all. She went by the notes from the last visit and my videos. She never touched him. My vet didn't get a report of the visit either.

YG I think this is a problem. The emergency vet who saw Mac didn't just rely on the notes from my vet but was very thorough clinically. And there were multiple calls between my vet that night and the next day and the vets and surgeon at the emergency hospital - as I would expect. Luckily your regular vet worked it out.

Edited by westiemum

I am pleased that the appropriate treatment has now commenced but I would be very angry that the little guy was not diagnosed and treated earlier - he could have had a few less days in such discomfort. Really hoping things pick up for him now. You are such a devoted carer and put such effort into the care of these little ones.

Isn't he just the sweetest!

He's very lucky to have you fighting for him.

He's beautiful and so pleased that the cause has been identified with your love and drive YG :thumbsup:

I'm so pleased for you Jo and Chester! Its such a relief to know what you're dealing with. Hope you have speedy recovery gorgeous boy. And Jo he's such a gorgeous little fella - I think I'm going to have add a Pom like him to my list!!! Do give me a hoy if there's anything I can do to help.smile.gif

Thank you for your support guys :) :heart:<3

Thanks guys :) <br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252);">The emergency vet didn't examine him at all. She went by the notes from the last visit and my videos. She never touched him. My vet didn't get a report of the visit either.

YG I think this is a problem. The emergency vet who saw Mac didn't just rely on the notes from my vet but was very thorough clinically. And there were multiple calls between my vet that night and the next day and the vets and surgeon at the emergency hospital - as I would expect. Luckily your regular vet worked it out.

So glad to hear that Chester finally has a chance at getting better. I can't believe the emergency vet didn't even look at him. :mad

He looks soooo cute in the yard with Raffi. :)

I am pleased that the appropriate treatment has now commenced but I would be very angry that the little guy was not diagnosed and treated earlier - he could have had a few less days in such discomfort. Really hoping things pick up for him now. You are such a devoted carer and put such effort into the care of these little ones.

I agree, I would have had x-rays done then and there if the vet had heard his lungs. But I have to put that aside and concentrate on the fact that he's now been diagnosed properly, and I thank god for that, if I think about what wasn't done at the emergency vet I will drive myself crazy. At least he's okay now and I'm so glad I took him in to our vet today and he's getting the treatment he needs. I just thank god that he's okay.

I have only just caught up with this thread. In a way I am sorry I missed it.

What you have been through resonates with me.

The fact that he siezed when he could not get his breath gave it all away to me.

I had nursed my last little man for 3 years, his heart was possibly bigger than this little guys.

He passed 12 months ago.

I am sorry that you had to wait so long for your diagnosis, hopefully he will settle quickly now he is medicated.

But, be prepared for a journey. He will need careful monitoring, his heart has already expanded, and they do not

get smaller with medication, any medication will help to regulate his heart and keep the fluid at a comfortable level

however they can just go into spontaneous heart failure at any time.

He will need a special family to go to if you adopt him out.

My current wee duigie has had a chest XRay to be sure his heart is reasonable, he has a murmur now and he has got some cardiomyopathy

but it is not requiring management at this time.

Unfortunately it can be problem for these wee guys.

I wish you well, and I hope he does come ahead in leaps and bounds, give him loads of hugs, he is special........:)

I will gladly adopt him..............:)

Edited by redwallylegs

I'd be giving that emergency vet the flick. :laugh: Far out. First thing my vet checked Lucky for was heart and lung involvement (none found), so he was ahead of Chester right there.

I think he's a tough old chook though, with the right diagnosis he's really got a fighting chance. :)

eta OMG Donatella too much cuteness.

Edited by Powerlegs