Pomeranian Having Trouble Breathing

yellowgirl

How is young Chester this morning yg ? Hope you and he had a better night.

Yep, I'm thinking of the little guy too. :)

Great that Chester now has firm diagnosis.... so both problems can be directly treated. :thumbsup:

Let's know how he goes.

Poor little guy, lucky he has you YG and a diagnosis now. :grouphug:

I'm so glad you've got a diagnosis yellowgirl. Hope Chester is doing ok today, he's a very lucky little boy. :)

I'd be giving that emergency vet the flick. :laugh: Far out. First thing my vet checked Lucky for was heart and lung involvement (none found), so he was ahead of Chester right there.

I think he's a tough old chook though, with the right diagnosis he's really got a fighting chance. :)

eta OMG Donatella too much cuteness.

Wonderful news! :thumbsup:

Thanks guys :) Chester hasn't had a seizure since he's been on the meds :thumbsup: He's breathing much easier and is much more settled. He's still on the antibiotics for his nasal infection but now that he's on the meds for his heart and lungs we should start seeing some improvements there soon too. He had a couple of little snot bubbles this morning so it looks like his nose might be starting to clear and drain :)

I have only just caught up with this thread. In a way I am sorry I missed it.

What you have been through resonates with me.

The fact that he siezed when he could not get his breath gave it all away to me.

I had nursed my last little man for 3 years, his heart was possibly bigger than this little guys.

He passed 12 months ago.

I am sorry that you had to wait so long for your diagnosis, hopefully he will settle quickly now he is medicated.

But, be prepared for a journey. He will need careful monitoring, his heart has already expanded, and they do not

get smaller with medication, any medication will help to regulate his heart and keep the fluid at a comfortable level

however they can just go into spontaneous heart failure at any time.

He will need a special family to go to if you adopt him out.

My current wee duigie has had a chest XRay to be sure his heart is reasonable, he has a murmur now and he has got some cardiomyopathy

but it is not requiring management at this time.

Unfortunately it can be problem for these wee guys.

I wish you well, and I hope he does come ahead in leaps and bounds, give him loads of hugs, he is special........:)

I will gladly adopt him..............:)

Thank you for sharing your story redwallylegs, I'm so sorry that you lost your dog, but I'm also glad that he had you to care for him.

We're in SA and we only adopt our dogs locally, mainly because I do the interviews and home checks myself and I like to be close by if the adopters or dogs should need anything. There's also the risk of things not working out for whatever reason and in those cases the dog comes back here and I'd hate it if there were any problems with a dog being returned. We've had quite a few offers of adoption for Chester already but we need to monitor him for a while, get him much healthier and then he still needs all his usual vetwork done (desexing, microchip, etc). As with all our dogs, when and if he's adoptable we'll take applications once we know what sort of home would suit him best :) xx

FBC2A621-2E85-42C0-B73B-FA77CA603579-3305-00000A83453B351B_zps73389814.jpg

That is soooo gorgeous donatella! That one is going to keep me smiling all day :) Feel free to post it on our facebook page, I'm sure everyone would just love it :D https://www.facebook.com/LittleLegsDogRescue

Edited by yellowgirl

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is young Chester this morning yg ? Hope you and he had a better night.

Yep, I'm thinking of the little guy too. :)

Great that Chester now has firm diagnosis.... so both problems can be directly treated. :thumbsup:

Let's know how he goes.

Poor little guy, lucky he has you YG and a diagnosis now. :grouphug:

I'm so glad you've got a diagnosis yellowgirl. Hope Chester is doing ok today, he's a very lucky little boy. :)

I'd be giving that emergency vet the flick. :laugh: Far out. First thing my vet checked Lucky for was heart and lung involvement (none found), so he was ahead of Chester right there.

I think he's a tough old chook though, with the right diagnosis he's really got a fighting chance. :)

eta OMG Donatella too much cuteness.

Wonderful news! :thumbsup:

Thanks guys :) Chester hasn't had a seizure since he's been on the meds :thumbsup: He's breathing much easier and is much more settled. He's still on the antibiotics for his nasal infection but now that he's on the meds for his heart and lungs we should start seeing some improvements there soon too. He had a couple of little snot bubbles this morning so it looks like his nose might be starting to clear and drain :)

The fact that he siezed when he could not get his breath gave it all away to me.

I had nursed my last little man for 3 years, his heart was possibly bigger than this little guys.

He passed 12 months ago.

I am sorry that you had to wait so long for your diagnosis, hopefully he will settle quickly now he is medicated.

But, be prepared for a journey. He will need careful monitoring, his heart has already expanded, and they do not

get smaller with medication, any medication will help to regulate his heart and keep the fluid at a comfortable level

My current wee duigie has had a chest XRay to be sure his heart is reasonable, he has a murmur now and he has got some cardiomyopathy

I wish you well, and I hope he does come ahead in leaps and bounds, give him loads of hugs, he is special........:)

Thank you for sharing your story redwallylegs, I'm so sorry that you lost your dog, but I'm also glad that he had you to care for him.

We're in SA and we only adopt our dogs locally, mainly because I do the interviews and home checks myself and I like to be close by if the adopters or dogs should need anything. There's also the risk of things not working out for whatever reason and in those cases the dog comes back here and I'd hate it if there were any problems with a dog being returned. We've had quite a few offers of adoption for Chester already but we need to monitor him for a while, get him much healthier and then he still needs all his usual vetwork done (desexing, microchip, etc). As with all our dogs, when and if he's adoptable we'll take applications once we know what sort of home would suit him best :) xx

That is soooo gorgeous donatella! That one is going to keep me smiling all day :) Feel free to post it on our facebook page, I'm sure everyone would just love it :D https://www.facebook...leLegsDogRescue

It was said quite tongue in cheek actually, he is lucky to have you and very lucky to be in rescue with you. I am sure you will find a perfect forever home for him. These teeny weenies get under your skin so fast, he will come along in leaps and bounds now. Hugs to you.

So glad to here the little boy is picking up already, you are an absolute star YG for all you do for these guys :grouphug: I've been stalking Jordie on your fb page too :heart:

Too cute donatella :D

Isn't Jordie just the most gorgeous thing you've ever seen CC? I absolutely adore him :heart:

He passed 12 months ago.

We're in SA and we only adopt our dogs locally, mainly because I do the interviews and home checks myself and I like to be close by if the adopters or dogs should need anything. There's also the risk of things not working out for whatever reason and in those cases the dog comes back here and I'd hate it if there were any problems with a dog being returned. We've had quite a few offers of adoption for Chester already but we need to monitor him for a while, get him much healthier and then he still needs all his usual vetwork done (desexing, microchip, etc). As with all our dogs, when and if he's adoptable we'll take applications once we know what sort of home would suit him best xx

It was said quite tongue in cheek actually, he is lucky to have you and very lucky to be in rescue with you. I am sure you will find a perfect forever home for him. These teeny weenies get under your skin so fast, he will come along in leaps and bounds now. Hugs to you.

Oh, I see..lol. Ah, well it doesn't hurt to let people know that we won't be flying him across the country any time soon :)

That's great yg, he just needs time now for the meds to do their work, and he will be as good as new, he must be one tough little cookie.

I think you're right about that one Marion, I don't think he would have survived this long if he wasn't :heart:

Yellow Girl, I used to do leatherwork. I've stopped now but I still have some things in my leather box. I'm wondering if I give you something can you sell it on ebay as a fundraiser? Do you do stuff like that. I cannot afford to donate money, but in the past I've dontated my leather work for various dog charities (WRAP in the USA being one) and it's helped raise money.

I've got a 44"/112cm 6 strand kangaroo hide leash here, I hand cut the hide, and plaited it up. Would be good for a strong dog, if you want I can take a photo of it.

That's so kind of you Kirislin! I'm hoping to organise a fundraiser in a couple of weeks, probably an auction type of thing. It would be lovely to have one of your leads :) It's up to you how you'd like to do it, you can either post it to:

Little Legs Dog Rescue

PO Box 391

Marden SA 5070

or, send me a photo and after the auction you can post it to the winner. I'm happy to cover postage costs. It's really nice of you to offer, thank you so much :hug: xx

I'll take some photos of it for you to use and then post it to you.

That is soooo gorgeous donatella! That one is going to keep me smiling all day :) Feel free to post it on our facebook page, I'm sure everyone would just love it :D https://www.facebook.com/LittleLegsDogRescue

Bonnie's photo was a real hit donatella! Thanks for posting the pic on our page. 134 likes for her cutie pie self :) xx

Yellow Girl, I used to do leatherwork. I've stopped now but I still have some things in my leather box. I'm wondering if I give you something can you sell it on ebay as a fundraiser? Do you do stuff like that. I cannot afford to donate money, but in the past I've dontated my leather work for various dog charities (WRAP in the USA being one) and it's helped raise money.

I've got a 44"/112cm 6 strand kangaroo hide leash here, I hand cut the hide, and plaited it up. Would be good for a strong dog, if you want I can take a photo of it.

That's so kind of you Kirislin! I'm hoping to organise a fundraiser in a couple of weeks, probably an auction type of thing. It would be lovely to have one of your leads :) It's up to you how you'd like to do it, you can either post it to:

Little Legs Dog Rescue

PO Box 391

Marden SA 5070

or, send me a photo and after the auction you can post it to the winner. I'm happy to cover postage costs. It's really nice of you to offer, thank you so much :hug: xx

I'll take some photos of it for you to use and then post it to you.

Wonderful Kirislin, thank you :) xx

PHEW! what a difficult journey this has been. So pleased that finally a dx has been made and that the little man is feeling more comfortable

H

He still has a way to go dogsesotted but at least he's on the right track now. He's a tough little nut that's for sure :) xx