Advice Needed On Rottweiler And Little Dogs

Cartersmum

Trying to change the way this conversation is going!!!!

And so unnecessarily, too. I remain puzzled how anyone could've considered dogmad a person to be blocked for damning any particular kind of dog.... per se.

Having said that, I can't see too many pics of Carter & the other such-like Rotties. Wish you could've seen the two fully grown adult Rotties we met at Million Paws Walk. Huge....their heads were the size of my tibbie girls. And they had natures to die for. Of the thousands of gorgeous dogs there that day.... it was those 2 I would dearly have liked to dognap. But where to hide them? :)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's amazing how small a Rotti can fold itself up in order to fit on the furniture without anyone rousing on them... *grin*

I remember once when I had the 5 Rotties, and I got a new lounge... my mum asked me what I was going to cover it with, and I immediately said "Rotties"... she just gave me "the look" but kept her thoughts to herself for a change... lol!

I'd happily own more Rotties in the future if the opportunity presented itself - the best breed bar none in my book...

I only have crossbreeds at the moment, but that's what happens when you get involved in fostering - always end up with at least one "failure"... lol! I wouldn't trade any of my current lot for anything though, so will bide my time until I can have another pure Rotti... Zeddy is half Rotti, does that count?

T.

It's amazing how small a Rotti can fold itself up in order to fit on the furniture without anyone rousing on them... *grin*

I

Dammit, T! This info comes too late. If only I'd known how foldable Rotties can be.... I would've got that Million Paws Walk giant pair into my little car. With the command.. 'Fold!'. :)

But, seriously, I remember a DOLer posted a pic of their Rottie sitting on her OH's knee. I was amazed how the great big fellow (the dog, not the OH) folded his body so he sat there as neatly as a little lapdog. How do they do it.

Edited by mita

But, she could fold herself when she had to :)

post-3516-0-40406600-1373618157_thumb.jpg

Yep! That's what I could have done to get the giant Rotties into the boot of my car.

Thanks, Enya! :)

Lovely pics, Allerzeit. You're right that all it takes to be a lapdog, is determination.

I need to find some pics of my Rotties... digital cameras were only new for a few of my guys, so there may be the odd pic on one of the hard drives I have lying around here... or I may have to scan some actual photos on the nice big printer at work...

Even now when I see a Rotti out and about, I ALWAYS ask the owner if I can have a cuddle - and those that say yes, their dogs never disappoint... I get the full face wash and smooch... *heaven!*

T.

Never met a Rotti I didn't like... which is not something one can say about most breeds, yes?

I made a fool of myself once in a training seminar with Steve Austin - he brought out King, and I could barely contain myself and blurted out "Rotti! I needs cuddles!"... I got my King cuddles and quite a few very strange looks from other people, but I cared not... all I wanted was to cuddle the damned Rotti!

There is something very cuddlesome about a Rotti... I'm not mistaken am I?

T.

My first experience with a Rotti was a huge mangy skinny rotti called King, who would loyally wait outside my house every day and walk with me to school. he did it for a long time. He would follow me around town and I would feed him (only very young at the time). He appointed himself my soul protector and would stand in between me and everyone else. He belonged to people down the road who never looked after him, the only thing they ever did was pay to get him out of the pound a few times. I fed him and loved him. He was/is the reason I adore rottis so much. One day when i'm much older I plan on owning one.

I grew up in Africa where Rotties are a dime a dozen, I find big barrely dogs don't scare me at all. Slim, athletic ones do scare me, maybe I believe I can outrun a Rottie. Boofa dogs are just a cuddle looking for a place to happen.

Oh my, Carter is soooo adorable!! I do have a soft spot for rotties :love: :love: :love:

Same here

I absolutely love Rottweiler's

would have loved one myself , but at 4ft 11" I didnt think I was strong enough to handle one

I love drooling oops looking at the gorgeous Rotties on DOL :)