Making A General Complaint To Council

This afternoon I was going to do my shopping, thankfully without Cougar & there were 2 SWF's running loose with no owner in sight. As I got closer, they both bolted across the busy main road, I closed my eyes not wanting to see them hit. Luckily they some how made it across the road & ran into a house, hopefully their home & stayed there.

Good luck with complaining to council... It may if your lucky... Help in the immediate future... but not in the long run...

Please keep that muzzle on your dog... A little while back in an onleash area... A friend had his rottie on leash and a little foo foo charged at him and rottie killed little foo foo in an instant... Rottie then had to be put down...

Down risk your dog paying the price for the stupid people...

I'm sure you've seen the leashes and collars that can warn people about letting their dog get too close... Something to think about...

Warning people seems to have no effect. We had worked out a walking path to avoid offlead dogs, but now a man with a pom likes to sit outside while his dog charges people, we have asked him to restrain the dog and he couldnt catch it, now when he sees us coming he just wanders around behind it... I dont want to complain just on him as he is only a few doors from us and i think he would work out it is us.

It's amazing how many people refrain from making complaints about roaming and aggressive animals because of fear of reprisal... but if they aren't reported, how in hell do the powers that be know there IS a problem?

Catch 22 really - if you don't tell anyone who CAN do something about it, then how do you expect them to DO something about it?

Seriously people, if the problem in your areas is that big that it impedes you being able to enjoy a walk with your dog, then for dogs' sake, report it! If the powers that be get enough complaints about the same issue, then they may be more likely to bloody well follow it up.

T.

That's the thing the people I spoke to and said email the council really hadn't thought about it until I mention just making a general email expressing concern about safety. I think some think that a complaint to council will see a harsh reaction or nothing whereas at least where I was before wanted to actually try and educate owners if there was a problem developing - easier than dealing with dog attacks if they get the chance.

When I was only walking one dog any dog that threatened us and didn't back off was likely to be lined up for a kick - owners actually go from laughing to trying to retrieve their animal/s