Vet Bed

I have rubber backed, have never used green back. I use my vet bed all around the place, on the floor, in the crates, in the car. I have no trouble washing or drying the rubber backed nor with bits of rubber flaking off (even when it was used in the whelping box and washed all the time)

I'm the reverse of Rebanne and have only ever used green back :laugh: and have just as positive comments to make. Am about to purchase more vet bed myself and am going to go half/half with green back and rubber back, purely so I can get some of the prettier rubber back colours :laugh:

I'm the reverse of Rebanne and have only ever used green back :laugh: and have just as positive comments to make. Am about to purchase more vet bed myself and am going to go half/half with green back and rubber back, purely so I can get some of the prettier rubber back colours :laugh:

you do get good colours with the rubber back :laugh:

you do get good colours with the rubber back :laugh:

With Petnetwork, you can get great colours in both! I have found the rubber backed stuff disintegrtates after a while. If grip isn't an issue, I'd be inclined to go with green backed.

That is what I did, partly because I didn't know which was best for the purpose - but also for the colours :laugh:

SSM I have some left that I am happy to bequeth to you, it is the cupboard taking up space. It is not enough for all you will need tho.

Edited by Diva

That is what I did, partly because I didn't know which was best for the purpose - but also for the colours :laugh:

SSM I have some left that I am happy to bequeth to you, it is the cupboard taking up space. It is not enough for all you will need tho.

:thanks:

I think for the rest I will do the half and half thing and see what works best.

I have both and like both, the rubber only came off some that was on a painted concrete floor but I think that is because the surface was a bit more abrasive. It looked like sand underneath.

The rubber backed is softer than the green backed in the beginning but the green backed does soften up

Green backed here..and lots of it...I really don't care for the rubber back and when it does start to break down, it's a bloody mess! Yes the green back will slip a bit, but not really a huge thing and for me, washes up much better. As for colours...not important, and none of the dogs have ever complained!

We got both for our first litter. The rubber back was good re: slippage (only really became an issue for us with naughty 6week old GSPs trying to play tug with each other and by then it didn't matter!) but it doesn't last as long and is a real mess when it starts breaking down. I also found with my winter litter that it took longer to dry. Overall i'd go green back next time as it dried on the same day even on a wet cold rainy day and it's still going strong.

I use drybed all the time and love it but my friend is considering buying some for her dog who is a chewer. I wouldn't say he is a really destructive dog but he is inclined to chew his bedding. I know it reads chew resistant but will it hold up to a bit of chewing?

My Fauves are shockers for chewing their bedding, particularly the young ones. They HAVE managed to chew a couple of holes but that is after dedicated work dragging it out of crates through the bars etc and I still have vet bed that I've had for 18 months and it is the only bedding I use. It isn't completely chew proof but its as chew resistant as I've found.

• 2 weeks later...

Can I please ask the best place to purchase this from?

I get mine from Pepperone Pet Supplies in Nar Nar Goon Vic

snap - Pepperone here too.

I have used both. Love the rubber back for the non-slip properties. Funnily enough - vet bed is the only thing my girl hasn't tried to chew and eat - and she has chewed everything else.