Flying Dog To Tasmania

Hi!

I have to send a dog to Tasmania in the next couple of day and was informed by the airline that they need to be wormed against hydatid tapeworm. I must have evidence that it has been treated with praziquantel at a dose rate of 5 mg/kg body weight within 14 days before entry to Tasmania.

So my question is.....what brand/tablet do I need to give the dog?? Is Interceptor ok?

Thanks!

Ok will go purchase Drontal....... Just wanting to give the right stuff and not have the dog sent back because I didn't give it the right thing!

Just make sure that you don't need at Vet Certificate for this. In my experience I have to take the dog to the vet within a fortnight of it flying to Tas and have certification from a Vet that the medication has been administered.

Retain the packaging and you should be fine. We've brought over dogs and never needed a vet certificate, just proof that it was done. When we fly dogs over, we get the transporter to tape the Drontal packaging to the crate so that it arrives with the dog.

Drontal is fine.

And yes, all that is required is to tape or fasten the packaging from the Drontal to the top of the crate. When the dog arrives, it will be held at the freight section until the quarantine officer arrives. Normally, you won't even see them but occasionally they will ask questions. The Drontal packet is all they really want to see. If they are in doubt, they will sometimes hand you a couple of tablets at the time of collection....but no dramas! :)