Dog Bound & Thrown Into River

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/cruel-act-dog-taped/1945587/

Story that was in the Sunshine Coast Daily today..

THE RSPCA is looking for the person who taped up a dog's legs and muzzle and threw her in the river to drown on Saturday.

The dog, who has been named Lucky by the man who rescued her, was found at the Cedars Crossing bridge early on Saturday night.

Jakeb Forrester said he and girlfriend Gabbie Cuthbert were driving to his home near Bullyard about 7pm on Saturday when they spotted the dog.

"We saw her standing in the middle of the road and I pulled over to check on her," he said.

"She came up to us looking for help, and I saw she had masking tape around her mouth and on her legs."

Mr Forrester said Lucky was also soaking wet, and it was obvious someone had taped her up and thrown her into the river to drown.

However, she had obviously tried to swim and broken the tape on her legs.

"I got all the tape off her and put her in the car," he said.

"It's a really low act, so cruel."

Mr Forrester said Lucky was about 18 months old, and was a red cattle dog or arab cross.

He said she had obviously belonged to someone.

"She's a really nice dog, nice and obedient, and she's in good condition," Mr Forrester said.

Mr Forrester said he would either keep the dog or hand her in to the RSPCA.

RSPCA Bundaberg regional inspector Joanne Warnock said she would investigate the act of cruelty.

"This is something that we take very seriously, as it's obvious cruelty," she said.

I'm constantly shocked by the cruelty humans are capable of :cry:

This incident happened in my area :( I've just read on a local pet page on facebook that on Saturday afternoon the dog in the article and a German Shepard were stolen. Obviously the owners have now found the red cattle X but are still looking for the GSD :( I shudder to think what fate that poor dog has suffered :cry:

From what I read in the newspaper article and the post on facebook, the red cattle X and a GSD were stolen on Saturday afternoon. On Saturday evening the young couple rescued the red cattle X when they found it soaking wet by the side of the river with it's muzzle and legs taped so it is assumed it had been thrown in the river to drown. The owners have recognised their dog when it's picture was published in the paper (it was also shown on local TV news last night). The owners are still searching for the GSD.

Link to facebook page (warning don't read the other posts on this page because it is infuriating and depressing to see how many animals are sold and given away with seemingly no regard :( )

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154488331334667/410416739075157/?notif_t=group_comment_reply

Thats wonderful news !!.... So glad they were both found alive & uninjured.

What is bloody wrong with people. How could anyone do such a cruel thing to a beautiful dog. Wonder if they would like to be taped up,thrown in a river & left to drown. I think NOT :(

Edited by BC Crazy
  • 2 weeks later...