Yes Or No To Grooming A Stray?

HugUrPup

Keep on topic and do not purposely railroad threads

Have some respect for the topic starter and keep to the topic being discussed. You may not think the topic is worthy of discussion, but others may. You are not the moderator, so don't take it upon yourself to decide what can and can't be discussed here. This includes posting things such as 'get out the popcorn/snacks/chocolate etc' or 'trainwreck coming'.

If you do wish to sidetrack from the original topic, start a new thread in the appropriate forum.

I come in here to see if there's any updates on the dog instead it's become a discussion about something completely unrelated.

Pot, kettle, black. Get over yourself.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have some respect for the topic starter and keep to the topic being discussed. You may not think the topic is worthy of discussion, but others may. You are not the moderator, so don't take it upon yourself to decide what can and can't be discussed here. This includes posting things such as 'get out the popcorn/snacks/chocolate etc' or 'trainwreck coming'.

If you do wish to sidetrack from the original topic, start a new thread in the appropriate forum.

I come in here to see if there's any updates on the dog instead it's become a discussion about something completely unrelated.

That's actually a forum rule. As everyone should know. Not quite a need for insults.

Edited by minimax

That's actually a forum rule. As everyone should know. Not quite a need for insults.

If someone is unhappy with what another DOLer has posted, they can report it. As the rule states, it's not up to anyone else to try to moderate the thread. But since what Teebs posted was relevant to the discussion at the time I really don't think there is a rule being broken.

this is a thread about a matted dog, if you want to talk about rules then start a new thread....

It is relevant anyway because people were discussing how a dog may end up in this state.

The dog in this case is owned by a large, 'broken' family but there is nothing other than cost stopping them from grooming him. As I have said earlier, I do not wish to become involved as these people know me and are not the type I wish to upset.

It is relevant anyway because people were discussing how a dog may end up in this state.

The dog in this case is owned by a large, 'broken' family but there is nothing other than cost stopping them from grooming him. As I have said earlier, I do not wish to become involved as these people know me and are not the type I wish to upset.

Sometimes you have to pick your battles, I can understand not wanting to get involved, as much as it sucks you need to do what's best for you

It's just sad how people can treat an animal with such disinterest. I do genuinely wonder why people get pets and then discard them. :(