Renewed Debate On Real Impact Of Victoria's Dangerous Dog Laws

ncarter

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-07-12/renewed-debate-on-real-impact-of-victorias/4817846?section=vic

sorry if its been posted already but did anyone see this video?

I find it incredible that Peter Walsh is saying he wants legislation changed to put more onus on owners to prove their dog is not a pit bull X. Think he may even want vcat scrapped and just give more power to the ACO's who breed identify?

And why is someone who is Minister for Agriculture and Food Security dealing with companion animal matters?? and clearly not listening to the experts.

Edited by ncarter

http://www.abc.net.a...846?section=vic

sorry if its been posted already but did anyone see this video?

I find it incredible that Peter Walsh is saying he wants legislation changed to put more onus on owners to prove their dog is not a pit bull X. Think he may even want vcat scrapped and just give more power to the ACO's who breed identify?

And why is someone who is Minister for Agriculture and Food Security dealing with companion animal matters?? and clearly not listening to the experts.

He is only doing this because owners are appealing and winning. He has not much clue of what he is talking about as far as I can see, and the publicity with the dogs who are going home is bothering him. It is also costing the government and the councils a lot of money when dogs are being impounded for so long, and then win. More people are finding out what BSL really means, and the media are finally being a bit more honest when it comes to reporting on BSL, and showing both sides.

As stated in the video, definitely a wiff of desperation about it!

The ABC 7.30 show was a positive and fair segment I thought. :D And showed the Minister up for what he is. :eek: