Pedigree Chinese Crested At Devonport Rspca

Have sent you a PM yg.

Got it hun, have replied. xx

I hope you two are hatching a plan to spring this little fellow :) :)

I wish I could help, but these days my little household is not as relaxed as it used to be; I daren't bring in anymore and risk upsetting the fragile balance :(

:crossfingers::crossfingers: you can work something out.

Edited by Danny's Darling

Have sent you a PM yg.

Got it hun, have replied. xx

If you are hatching a plan and need donations please let me know :)

As CC knows I almost took a Crestie girl recently but still had my previous foster, I can't bear the thought of them in a pound in winter : S

Hi everyone, I am the breeder of Felix. I'd like to share Felix's story. The following is an email I have sent back to Yellow girl after she contacted me about this thread.

Hi Jo,

Felix has been in and out of several homes and I have always taken him back with no questions asked. In the end, there was a woman in Tasmania who wanted him, he was free to a good home and she was a stay at home mum with children, and good sized yard, same as Felix's previous homes and I knew this would be ideal for him. All was well until she contacted me and said he had bitten the meter man and she would have to rehome him or put him to sleep. I was distraught at the thought of destroying him! Then the story changed a bit. The owner told me that she could keep him but would have to register him with the council and needed his registration certificate. I told her I would send a copy of the certificate but not the original. She then said that she would try to find Felix a home instead! I started getting a strange feeling about the while thing. Then a few hours later I received a message from a woman in Tassie saying she would like to buy or adopt a crested from me. Coincidence? I told her about Felix and she said 'ohh I know the owner and she told me that she was trying to get hold of the papers for the dog she had because she was going to sell him to a crested breeder in tas'  I was furious! So the whole story about Felix biting the meter man etc was all lies. The owner just wanted to sell him with papers to a breeder in tas.

The other woman that contacted me did take Felix for a few months and the. He ended up back with the original woman I sent him to. I seen on her Facebook in February that she had him back and that she was relocating to Queensland. I assumed Felix went with her. Then I seen a post of the dog show gossip page about a crested being in the pound in devonport. I seen it and thought, only one I have sent to Tassie is Felix and he is in qld now. This Facebook discussion went on for a good week before I was contacted by the RSPCA at devonport to say they had Felix. I am wondering why most of australia knew about Felix being there well before I did, including crested breeders from Vic and NSW. I don't know who had Felix between Feb and July this year, I do know the owner has many friends who show dogs and he may of been with one of them.

Now to why I had homed him. He is VERY VERY NOISY if left unattended for long periods of time he works himself into such a state that his voice is similar to a siren 'werp werp werp' and he has a huge amount of energy, he can bounce on the spot up to 4ft high and needs constant affection. This is the reason why I always homes him where there would be someone home most if the day and he had kids to play with and give him all the attention he needed.

He was shown quite a bit as a youngster and then by 7-8 months started being a bit silly not wanting to be touched on the table and being scared. He grew far too big and so I thought I'd find him a nice home instead.

If I was able to have him debarked, I would of just left him here to live out his days. We have had a few rescue dogs and the odd crossbred walk in, our area is notorious for people dumping their dogs here. I can't have dogs here with the kind of noise he was making and someone posted about euthanizing Felix. Well a dog has to be pretty bad before I would do that. I had a rescue crested come to us in January and I tried rehabilitating him and he was pts last month as he was so badly beaten and abused there was no hope for him. I cuddled him as he drifted off and said that I was sorry. Felix had a lot to offer a family and I would not of made such a drastic choice for him.

I cannot take Felix back and have been thinking of him, hoping someone will adopt him. But with his attention and noise issues, it doesn't look very promising.

Thanks for emailing me and keep up your rescue work. I've enjoyed seeing your posts on dogzonline :-)

Kind regards

Rebecca

He's was rehomed entire?

And I'm guessing kept as an outside dog in Tasmania ... I'd be screaming too.

I'm sure that with a lot of tlc in the right home that this poor little fellow could adjust but it would take time, patience and someone who knows what they are doing.

No good rehoming him again. He needs a rescuer.

Edited by dogmad

He's was rehomed entire?

I'm sure that with a lot of tlc in the right home that this poor little fellow could adjust but it would take time, patience and someone who knows what they are doing.

Who said that he has been kept outside all of his life? So myself as the breeder have no idea what I am doing?

He's was rehomed entire?

Who said that he has been kept outside all of his life? So myself as the breeder have no idea what I am doing?

Well it sounded like he may have been an outside dog because you mentioned the size of the yard and the fact that he'd bitten the meter man.

I've rescued some ex show dogs, they've all been entire and kept as outside dogs. I have desexed them, housetrained them and rehomed them as inside dogs. There are some that don't agree with desexing - fine - but in my experience you cannot have a dog living in the house unless housetrained and if they are not desexed (in my experience) they have a huge desire to continually mark territory.

Why does he keep getting rehomed? You mentioned this home was the same as the other homes he'd had but they didn't keep him so perhaps he needed something different in order to be kept.

He's had so many changes in his life, he needs stability.

Sorry if you are taking it personally but the list of situations he's been in sounded less than ideal.

I'm not making this breeder against rescuer - far from it. My interests here are ensuring that this time around he gets some help before going to a breed experienced home.

Or I guess he can be euthanased, you have said yourself that it isn't looking hopeful.

Edited by dogmad

He's was rehomed entire?

If he was going to be sold to a "breeder" in Tasmania by the current owner he couldn't have been desexed before he went. This does open up the possibilities of being passed on for unauthorised breeding by you, as his original breeder which is most likely not a scenario you'd want for one of your own line.

I spoke to the shelter earlier and the good news is that Felix has been adopted :) I really hope the RSPCA had all of the information regarding his needs and that Felix is in the perfect home now. Thank you to everyone who was concerned about him, we can only hope that he's in the right place now :heart:

What's wrong with Louis, CC??

He has IMHA :( but is responding very well so far, 8 weeks since diagnosis :)

Oh honey, I'm so sorry to hear about beautiful Louis :( I had a look at your posts and looked up the illness, poor Louis and poor you. Please give him a gentle hug from me :heart:

Good on you for caring for him, yg :thumbsup:

Thank you too Tinin Jac :) and also to everyone who contacted me and offered to assist with helping this little one :heart:

I hope you don't mind, but while we're all thinking about Chinese Cresteds and wonderful homes, if you know of anyone in Adelaide who's looking for the most perfect and gorgeous crestie ever, my foster boy, 'Dreamy' is still looking for his perfect forever home :)

http://www.petrescue.com.au/listings/236121

I'm glad Felix found a home, hopefully this one suits him better than the others. Makes me wish I didn't have to worry about what my husband thought. A crestie was always on my list of 'one day' dogs but a kelpie and a basset plus another basset on the way and I suspect I'd have to organise my divorce first LOL

Glad to hear Felix is off to a new home, I really hope it works out for him this time :crossfingers: Our Daisy went through several homes before we got her, and Louis had a poor start to life before being handed over to a rescue, so I really do have 2 crazy Cresties, but love them both despite all their 'issues' :laugh:

Oh honey, I'm so sorry to hear about beautiful Louis :( I had a look at your posts and looked up the illness, poor Louis and poor you. Please give him a gentle hug from me :heart:

Thanks Jo, he's doing very well so fingers crossed he is one of the lucky ones with this condition :)

I hope Dreamy finds a home soon too, they really are special little dogs :heart: