Hot Water Outside

JulesP

Does anyone have hot water outside and how did you achieve it?

Tap from existing plumbing? New water heating unit? portable water heater?

Bored of waiting for the hydrobath to heat up!

Edited by JulesP

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the aerator on the end of your laundry tap unscrews you can buy a fitting from Bunnings for about $16 that allows a garden hose to attach to your tap :)

Don't have external laundry access in this house and found it very painful in my last house doing it like that. Would always want to adjust the temp half way through washing a dog!

In that case I'd be just getting a tap installed outside. I'm lazy, I stick both the dogs in the shower under my feet and scrub them in there and then make them stand on a towel in the bathroom while I dry them LOL. They aren't little so it's lucky our shower isn't tiny!

Currently building, so arranged for a hot and cold water point outside the laundry....

In the meantime, the bathroom has been set up with an eye to dog washing.

an ex friend of mine had a hot water tap outside installed when she built her house about 35 years ago. I thought she was overdoing it at the time, but it was a really good idea.

Pretty sure you have to get council permission and stuff for a higher amp power point, there's a restaurant near us that's been boarded up and never opened because the council didn't approve their application for one to run their ovens!

They must be running a very amp. A heap of things use 15amps and don't need council permission.

I'm pretty sure it was 15 amp actually. Maybe it's a location issue though, to do with inadequate infrastructure in our neck of the woods(and a useless council that just patches issues rather than fixing them properly). We were told we have to get permission to get power on our home site right on the highway and that it might cost us a bundle if there is not sufficient available.

My hydrobath is located under my carport which is just around the corner from my kitchen. I had hot and cold water taps fitted a few years ago with a mixer. It wasnt cheap, it cost around $400, but its wonderful. I bought a high pressure hose attachment that fits on the tap and I never use the hydrobath pump. I use fresh water all the time. Get a quote from a plumber.

My shower is the last room on the house. On dogwash day I unscrew the shower head and screw on an adapter and my hose. True the temperature is a delicate juggle but generally works well.

Put out shampoo and facecloth - turn around and look for dog!

We had the plumber come over and add a hot water tap to an already existing pipe. It happens to be on the patio and the closest to the hot water system.

Funny thing is, I don't have a hydrobath and now there's a K9000 around the corner, the tap gets used for washing out the water bucket and that's about it! :laugh:

Edited by Staff'n'Toller

I used to have both hot and cold water running to a tap above the dog bath (not hydrobath) - the plumber simply cut into the nearest water pipe. The most convenient spot was outside the laundry so that worked well.

This would depend on your plumber, and the distance for existing water, but I just had a quote of $200 to to it again.

We had the plumber come over and add a hot water tap to an already existing pipe. It happens to be on the patio and the closest to the hot water system.

Funny thing is, I don't have a hydrobath and now there's a K9000 around the corner, the tap gets used for washing out the water bucket and that's about it! :laugh:

I used a local pet shop's bath the other day :laugh: That was less annoying then waiting for water to heat up etc

I used to have both hot and cold water running to a tap above the dog bath (not hydrobath) - the plumber simply cut into the nearest water pipe. The most convenient spot was outside the laundry so that worked well.

This would depend on your plumber, and the distance for existing water, but I just had a quote of $200 to to it again.

I had a rough (very) quote of $400 to do that. Which was better then the $1200 that I got quoted by a rip-off plumber last time.