When Did You Cut Your Dogs Nails Last.

Andisa

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caesar gets his nails cut every time I bathe him. He hates bathing and having his nails cut, so I reckon I'll just squeeze all his hated activities into one day. He can therefore be happy for 2-3 weeks, have the worst day of his life, and back to be happy for another 2-3 weeks.

MIne line up to get their nails cut.

Lewis hated it when I first got him, now he tolerates it really well and seems so pleased with himself that he managed to get through it afterwards and so gets excited about havinf them done :)

Rommi commando rolls into my lap feet upwards to get hers done first.

The puppies are 6 weeks on Sunday and I have lost count how often I have trimmed their little talons - around 5 times I think!

Rommi has naturally long quicks, Lewis short ones.

The Sphynx nails grow at a ridiculous rate, I think all the keratin from their missing hair goes into nail production! They get bathed and nails trimedd every week to fortnight in Summer and less often in winter.

Generally mine are done fortnightly

Apparently I am very lucky. None of my dogs, with the exception of one claw that grew straight after an infection, have ever required their nails clipped! And yes, I do check regularly, including dew claws. We have a paved courtyard, but most of their time is inside, and most walking is on grass, and they have been of varying breeds and sizes, so I really don't know why short nails have been the norm in our household.