Update On Carter

Cartersmum

Thanks to everyone for their advice on Carter – I am more thankful that the thread turned into a Rottweiler appreciation thread!

Carter has been doing well recently. We have been working on voice control to which he seems to be responding too (even though it is early days) We have also noticed in the last few weeks he has become a lot more protective of me and the house in general. He used to be scared of crashing noises (such as if the back door slams) now he will bark and go and investigate, he is also realising that the vacuum and plastic bags have no vendetta against him….. :laugh:

I have also been taking him to a dog park where big and little dogs are separated and he is behaving like an angel! This is a good place to try the voice control when distractions are around as that seemed to be his Achilles heel. This whole thing must have been fate as in that dog park we met his half sister! It was very strange seeing them play together and interact, it’s almost like they knew they had the same mum.

It’s his birthday on Thursday so I am making him a cake and have added a wonderful picture of him fast asleep on my lap after a voice control session – obviously was too much for him!

OOOOOh, Gargoyle photos, love those :D

Well done Carters mum, sounds like he has grown up, which is inevitable but they do change somewhat once that maturity sets in. My girl was the same, she was younger though. Her prey drive kicked in at about 18months, I was lucky to have some really good advice at the time or I don't think she would still be around.

OOOOOh, Gargoyle photos, love those :D

Well done Carters mum, sounds like he has grown up, which is inevitable but they do change somewhat once that maturity sets in. My girl was the same, she was younger though. Her prey drive kicked in at about 18months, I was lucky to have some really good advice at the time or I don't think she would still be around.

Yep NR and Dee were both wagging the day prey drive restraint was taught. It is a great thing that they have other talents, and owners willing to learn and manage :thumbsup: