Advantix Reaction?

Has anyone ever had a dog have a reaction to Advantix?

We treated all 3 of ours last night and one of my dogs is really our of sorts today and his skin seems to be irritating him? There are no fleas on him and we only gave them the treatment as there have been tick cases in the area. He keeps jumping up and rushing to me and seems annoyed by something

This dog has also had horrific skin over summer and we had been at a loss to work out why. I am now wondering if the Advantix could have been the issue? His skin is almost back to normal and prior to last night his previous treatment would have been early March?

I've never heard of reactions before and it never even crossed my mind until I started watching him this morning.....

I've also had reactions to Advantix with a couple of my shelties who don't have any other allergies. I think it's just too strong for some skins. I use frontline if I have to for ticks or comfortis for fleas.

We had a reaction. Our dog was very itchy,very nervous and wouldn't stay still right after application. I could see he was very uncomfortable so I decided to washed it off with dish detergent and called the manufacturer to see what was their opinion and we were advised not to use it anymore on this dog.

I think there are 3 possible causes

1. the product has a funny feeling to the dog

2. the product which makes the fleas go into a biting frenzy before dying is making some fleas bite (that you can't see)

3. the dog is actually having a reaction.

Reactions to Advantix and Comfortis are quite common, I hear about it a lot as we sell the products at my work. Kinda sucks when we live in one of the worst spots for paralysis ticks in all of Australia and most people hate to use Frontline here because they haven't had success in the past!