Looking For A Good Vet For Desexing In The Canberra Area Please

I guess the bottom line is what must matter to vets because after all they have to earn a living. Several vets in the Canberra area already look after rescue groups. West Queanbeyan looks after CPR, The Gables at Queanbeyan and Monash look after ARF, Fadden (Tuggeranong Veterinary Hospital) look after ACT AR (I think?).

IMO you need to find a vet who is not already involved with a rescue group. I may be wrong but I thought I read somewhere that you were interested in rescuing GSDs. Just a thought but it may be worth trying the Animal Medical Centre in Woden. Sandra Hassett has GSDs.

Or maybe it's worth trying the RSPCA. I think they do discounted desexing for pensioners and they may be able to help.

CPR also uses Karabar Vets (The Gables)

Maree

CPR

Yes they would have to keep an eye on their bottom line, they have to earn a living or we're all stuffed to be honest if they go out of business. Will let them know about Sandra thanks for the lead :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Trying to find a good vet that discounts for desexing for rescues in the Canberra area. Qbn South seem to be the main one but they are so busy they don't even have time to give costs over the phone now days.

Is there anyone else??

Both clinics belonging to The Gables Veterinary Group have great vets, and discount for all the various Rescue Groups that they have dealt with for many years.

Karabar is 02 62996808; Monash is 02 62924569

Also sent an email to the new vet clinic & pet store down behind Tuggeranong Hyperdome, they are quite big from what I can see of their website and do good prices. Will let you know when I get them

Best Friends the new vets/groomers/retail store in Tuggers are a franchise from Victoria from what one of the vets told me, so they have to run it by the big boss's in Vic it would have to go to a meeting before they can give "rescue" rates, I would not be holding my breath, they may be a tad cheaper from the "private vets but rescue can't afford those prices it is just a competitive price not rescue.

Maree

CPR