Widget: From Big Belly To Babies!

Kirislin

Luka is the most magnificent Great Dane

Frodo's Mum is his parent :D

Just have to say that she also parents Ruby - the virtual love of my life hehe

Here is the linky http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/242577-luka/page__p__5986805__hl__luka__fromsearch__1#entry5986805

Oh Luka! of course! yes now I know who he is, I assumed it was chequeredblackdogs'

We've just come back from the vets, we had a mishap here. She'd been running in and out of the house so I'd gone outside with my camera, planning on taking some photos of her. Meanwhile she'd pelted back inside and suddenly I heard this shrieking and raced inside to see her running in fear and crying with all the other dogs running after her wondering why she was carrying on. From what I can gather she'd jumped into the crate with Feather and pestered her one too many times and Feather bit her on the foot. There was blood so I didn't stuff about, straight to the vets. He had a good look, thankfully no fracture or joint damage, just broken skin so she's on AB's for 5 days and needs to be kept quiet, no digging, licking or too much running around.

Oh dear. The joys of motherhood. She needs to know when to be Daisy and when to be Ninja.

Poor K. :kissbetter: Were you frantic?

:laugh: thats' cute. Yes I was a bit frantic. I confessed to Marcus straight away and he's very understanding although he has a friend there who I suspect thinks I'm a total idiot. Oh well.

Neko has just learned her very first lesson about older dogs... with only a small owwie to show for it. I bet she will be more careful around poor old Feather from now on...

Please give the little one a get well soon kiss and cuddle from me...

T.

Poor Neko :( so adorable... I would so fail at ever trying to be firm with her haha lucky she is a little angel :angel:

I know she is about the polar opposite of a staffie that you can get but so many of her facial expressions remind me of Juno when she was little!! I think it's the ears :o

She so looks like she's going to play that owwie for all it's worth too... lol!

Is she treating Feather with any more respect now?

T.

At first I thought she was but now not so sure, it's a real juggling act at the moment. One of the "guests" is starting to look quite jealous so I shut her in a crate for a while with a lamb rib while Neko did her puppy on crack routine. Zoey, another iggy guest had a really cute play with her then which was good.

Her little bitten toe is alot better today though, swelling gone down and she's pelting around again, which I wish she wouldn't in case it opens the cut. sigh what have I got myself in for?

Edited by Kirislin

Puppies feel no pain if there are any distractions to investigate, or any fun to be had - and they heal very fast... don't worry too much, OK?

Feather has laid down rule number 1 - don't mess with Feather... lol! There will most likely be other rules she will be taught by the other dogs, some will be more forceful than others, but puppies are very rarely badly damaged in the process, even though they may scream like they've lost a limb sometimes and look for sympathy from the first sucker to come along (that would be us humans).

First rule of puppy ownership is that if they aren't too bothered by an owwie, then we shouldn't be either - if you are worried about her re-opening her wound, get a little bit of vetwrap on it to keep it together while she runs about like a loon.

If she will stay still for a minute, please give her another kiss and cuddle from me... *grin*

T.

Her foot seems fine this morning, she does seem to be more submissive with Feather but still getting in her face, just in a more grovelly way and Feather still turns her head away because she doesn't want to interact with Neko.

Here she is yesterday, 12 weeks and 1 day old.

10525579056_9c79e9c974_c.jpg

5F6A9843dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

10525547496_e2e153fa2e_c.jpg

5F6A9841dpptc by kirislin, on Flickr

Feather will come around eventually - maybe when Neko is a little less "crazy puppy"... lol! My Zeddy is the same now with naughty pups - growly and a little snappy if they jump on her once too often. They learn pretty quickly who they can bother endlessly, and who they can't...

I told you that pups heal really quickly. This may sound bad, but if it's not going to kill them or I can't stop the bleeding, I don't tend to worry much about puppy bumps and scrapes - dog knows, I've had enough of them through here over the past few years - and none of them ended up with any lasting scars (mental or physical)... *grin*

I must say though, I was a complete wreck when I had to leave both Harper and Pickles at the vets (separately) for their desex ops... kept ringing the clinic to see if they were coping or being good for the staff, etc... I was a complete PITA methinks... errr!

Do you think my forwarded cuddles and kisses are helping Neko's healing process? If so, please pass on another set - 3rd time's the charm... hehe!

T.

Thankyou for all the cyber cuddles and kisses, they're are definitely being passed on in real life.

It's not just the whippets she gives hell to, she is very cheeky with the chickens and sneaks up behind them and pulls their bloomers, then when they turn to give chase she runs away. Well today Blondie got her revenge. Neko wriggled under a pallet I use to put pot plants on. It's a tight squeeze and she thought it would be funny to ambush Blondie. Clearly she didn't think this one through :laugh:

Boo Blondie! Boo yourself you little brat!

10531035476_b15aa99fa6_c.jpg

5F6A9934dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

10531019896_9472f36c01_c.jpg

5F6A9936dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

so who's laughing now?

10531223413_3a98cac7b4_c.jpg

5F6A9937dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

Peck! that's for all the times you've pulled my feathers!

10531279634_509ecc7ac6_c.jpg

5F6A9939dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

apologise you little brat!

10531145125_a34e8afdb7_c.jpg

5F6A9938dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

Mummeeeeeeee! helppppp!

10531100065_067262b2fa_c.jpg

5F6A9940dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

Edited by Kirislin