Widget: From Big Belly To Babies!

Kirislin

I have to say Filly is absolutely gorgeous in real life. She's tiny, vivacious and pretty and when I first met her I was pretty taken with her. Also, I love her name. I asked her owner if she named her that because of the way she frolics and she said yes. Neko does exactly the same thing, she rears in the air and waves her front legs about just like a little foal when it plays. It's the cutest thing but I've almost never captured it on the camera. If you met Filly I have no doubt you would be wanting to stuff her into your bag and sneak off.

My ETT Maggie does this too!

• 2 weeks later...

Poor Neko got stung by a bad ol' bee! :mad

She came whimpering to me and I did the wrong thing, with my poor eyesight I thought it was a prickle and pulled it out, probably squeezing more poison into her. She cried for quite a while, it must have stung like crazy. I put her foot in iced water and gave her a tiny fragment of polaramine, not sure if anything helped.

16104529281_3002b2bba8_z.jpg5F6A6927t by kirislin, on Flickr

Edited by Kirislin

Owwie!! Poor little baby girl!

When Harper got stung by a bee, she had a bad allergic reaction - within 30 mins her face looked like a Shar Pei, and she started coming out in hives all over. The vet said next time will be worse. And the stinger wasn't still stuck in her either!

After the super dooper antihistamine shot from the vet, it still took 7 hours for her face to start looking normal again.

T.

Yes, that happened to Neko a few months ago. I didn't see what stung her that time, I'm guessing a bee or wasp but I'd also guess she snapped at it and got stung on the face. Because I've seen it before I didn't panic, just watched her closely for signs of it worsening and giving her breathing problems and I once again gave her some polaramine, and of course, took photos. With this last sting just her tiny foot swelled up, but it's gone down now.