Widget: From Big Belly To Babies!

Kirislin

Such an exciting thread! Can't wait to see the puppies!

Oh that tummy! I think whippets might be becoming my favourite dog to see puppies of!

psst, Neko is an Iggy (italian greyhound) :)

Don't worry, I don't know if I would necessarily be able to tell the difference just from photos either :) Its very obvious when you see them in real life as Iggies are just so incredibly petite!

Oh that tummy! I think whippets might be becoming my favourite dog to see puppies of!

Don't worry, I don't know if I would necessarily be able to tell the difference just from photos either :) Its very obvious when you see them in real life as Iggies are just so incredibly petite!

It's an easy mistake to make if you haven't had much contact with the breeds. Hell, I even got t-shirts made!

http://www.redbubble.com/people/whippeteer/works/15918685-its-an-italian-greyhound?ref=recent-owner

I'm a bit worried she's not growing fast enough now. Although it's absolutely pointless and a waste of energy worrying about something I cannot change. I think she might only have 2, possibly 3 puppies. I really hope I am wrong though and she has more and what ever happens I hope babies and mum will be OK.

We're coming down to the wire now, less than 2 weeks to go. :eek:

My house will be full to the brim because a friend's going into hospital and I'm looking after her dogs too.

I've got some sad news that I haven't felt up to mentioning for a few days. I'm including it here because this thread has become the lifelong chronicles of Widgets litter, mainly Neko and her brother Arkey.

While Arkey's owner Marcus has been doing a good turn for someone else and house sitting and caring for all their dogs, he had to leave his own dogs in the care of someone else. A few days ago while out walking with all of them Arkey was hunting bunnies and broke his leg. His carer didn't see what happened she just followed his screams to find him so can only assume he was running full pelt and put his foot down a hole.

He was a successful show dog, although only lightly shown he almost had his championship points and then he and his Dad discovered the joys of chasing the drag lure. Arkey was a natural and it was looking like he would have a great career in racing and coursing. Now it's all on hold.

Marcus has chosen the external fixation method because he believes Arkey has the greatest chance of a full recovery that will allow him to lead an active life and be able to run without fear of his leg breaking where an internally fixed plate might be.

Posting before and after pics for information purposes.

24379214602_78506d4f0b_c.jpgU Melb Vets 2 by kirislin, on Flickr

24379215452_dc9ce857ce_c.jpgU Melb Vets 1 by kirislin, on Flickr

23859312164_5a2efdffd7_c.jpgSouth Paws 0002 by kirislin, on Flickr

24379214802_4f7e835c9a_c.jpgSouth Paws 0001 by kirislin, on Flickr

If it heals straight he can still be shown. There are more then a few IGs in the ring that have had a broken leg, Lure courising may not be on the cards again though at least for a long while.. When Nyx broke her foot it took sbout 6 months until I felt it was strong enough she didn't have to be monitored when she ran around and she still had more healing to go after that. . Arky's break looks nasty, very jagged edges, the other X-rays of breaks ive seen have had clear edges to the break. Poor dog hope he recovers well.

It's an easy mistake to make if you haven't had much contact with the breeds. Hell, I even got t-shirts made!

http://www.redbubble.com/people/whippeteer/works/15918685-its-an-italian-greyhound?ref=recent-owner

Haha I am sorry! Yes you are right, I haven't had much contact so I struggle to tell the difference :o

It appears your shirt is down so I cannot properly laugh at myself :(

With photos, what would you say is the quickest way to tell difference between the iggies and the whippets? Since it's hard to see the height.

Oh poor Arky :(