Widget: From Big Belly To Babies!

Kirislin

Deep breaths!

Neko is perefectly fit and healthy.

She has a doting owner who is well versed in the ins and outs of the breed and whelping.

All will turn out just fine, and this time next week we will all be cooing over the gorgeous little bundles of joy Neko has made for us...

Hugs at ya!

T.

Thanks. Just been talking to a friend and said I've done all the right things, wormed her as per the protocol, feeding her fresh unprocessed foods and been adding extra leafy greens to her diet as well as natural bone foods, and offal, and fish, she's eating well, is shiny and waggy tailed, I am prepared, got the vet on standby, am taking her temperature twice a day now, I dont know what else I can do. Looking at her there's no reason to think anything is wrong, other than she is very big for just 2 puppies, the sums dont seem to add up there but still, she has to go full term and then all will be revealed. :crossfingers:

Oh - and I'm tipping 2 girls and a boy... *grin*

T.

Wouldn't that be lovely :D

Every time I've had a pregnant bitch ultra sounded and X-rayed for numbers the vet has got it wrong (way wrong lol) so fingers crossed this is the case here too. My last maiden bitch screamed a fair bit - I wish someone had warned me that they sometimes do. I'm sure all will be well - you are well prepared and have vet assistance ready. Looking forward to seeing baby photos next week :)!

She could surprise us all and have 4... *grin*

Still tipping 2 girls and a boy... but if only 2 babies... both girls.

Hoping for a show of some of that stunning tan in the mix somewhere...

T.

so long as it's not Black and Tan, that's a big NO NO in IGs. Actually that colour of Arkey and his brother Milton was the first time the breeder had seen it in her lines, she's been breeding for about 30 years I think, but interestingly she's had at least 2 more since then. One of them, a girl from an unrelated litter to Arkey looks more like Arkeys sister than Neko does. The colour is red fawn. It's not uncommon but just hasn't been in her lines before.

Edited by Kirislin

nothing yet, I haven't taken her temp this morning but I can see she's showing changes in personality. Last night she couldn't settle, whimpering, restless, looking in dark places, she's looking for a safe place to have her babies. This morning she kept pestering me for food so I gave her 2 sardines which usually fills her up but she wanted more so I gave her some mince and veggies and she ate 3 spoons of it so I offered her a 4th. Initially she didn't want it but she saw Puck hovering so she forced it down till I thought she was going to pop. I suppose it's her body telling her to stock up as much as she can because she wont be able to hunt for a while. Cute little thing, as if she could hunt anything anyway.

I dont think her tummy's dropped yet but I think she'll probably have them right when they're due which is Sunday/Monday.

Neko cannot steal all the limelight, here's an update on Arkey. He had the dressing removed today for the first time since the break. Vet is pleased with how things are going and has reduced the dressing alot now so Arkey is not so encumbered

24032987793_992eee2b64_c.jpgimage2 by kirislin, on Flickr

24032982713_e14a18f9b3_c.jpgimage3 by kirislin, on Flickr

Putting his full weight on it! :thumbsup:

24633573136_4cbf92500f_c.jpgimage4 by kirislin, on Flickr

actually, I dont think he's in much if any pain now. the pins will stay in for at least 8 weeks and then it's alot of physio, probably swimming and on leash walking for quite a while I think. He's crated during the day while Marcus is at work, he's managed to organise that he can leave him in a house right near his work, so every break he goes and lets him out. He's also going to have a person stay with him at home some days. It's very hard for someone who works full time. If only Arkey had done it at the start of holidays rather than at the end.

Just popped into the vets and so weighed Neko. She's 7.1kg and the vet said she's FAT!!!! this is the problem. I've always been told you dont want her to be fat at whelping, but Marcus (the boss) said feed her as much as she wants, so I did. Now she's going to have trouble getting them out. I'm calling Neko 'Fatsiana' it's her new name.

Poor little Arkey, that looks like an awkward thing to have on a tiny leg!

Neko is probably going to have fond memories of this time of her life when she 'got as much food as she wanted' haha.

Getting cloooossser...

I dont think Neko is going to go anytime soon, by that I mean today or tomorrow. Her belly doesn't look like it's really dropped and her temperature is within normal range. She is getting restless though and I've seen her eyeing off some dark out of the way places.