Widget: From Big Belly To Babies!

Kirislin

Pink newborn jazz hands at that... makes your ovaries tingle, doesn't it?

T.

:laugh:

Here's a few from today, I got a complaint from Marcus that I'm not taking enough photos.

24788651400_bcef54e096_c.jpg5F6A5368dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

big boy, he went to sleep in my hand after I took this pic.

25084249675_aeef360104_c.jpg5F6A5379dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

Little gutses

24453577014_16eac0b018_c.jpg5F6A5384dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

contentment

25057909556_57179fa9dd_c.jpg5F6A5385dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

Poor Neko, they show no respect for her battered boobies, they pull and yank them around, it's cruel

24788631350_1b0a834d25_c.jpg5F6A5388dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

24990925131_2c41606ed1_c.jpg5F6A5392dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

25057894756_33771d9f21_c.jpg5F6A5394dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

He's getting very cheeky

24716553929_ecf9008cde_c.jpg5F6A5400dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

His first kill!

25084222155_b82b45820e_c.jpg5F6A5401dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

got it! You're dead mousie!

24453544564_8956da74b6_c.jpg5F6A5402dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

I've got a really sore back and hips at the moment so I'm struggling to take pics and the light is not good in my bedroom where the whelping box is. Neko doesn't like it if I drag it over to the window, poor baby, she thinks all the bad creatures outside will find out she has puppies and come and murder them so it's all a bit hard right now. I know most are blurry but I figure any photos are better than none at all.

Yeah, I was surprised they're getting up on their legs already, I cant remember if puppies usually do it so soon or not. As soon as these puppies started to see and hear it totally changed them from little slugs just seeking out mums boobs and crawling on their bellies, they suddenly had the incentive to try to walk. The change was like flicking a light switch, it was amazing to see.

Thankyou for taking and sharing your photos when it was painful for you. I too can't believe how mobile they seem, and playing with little toys too! It feels like a moment ago they had little tiny teeny jazz hands.

Thankyou for taking and sharing your photos when it was painful for you. I too can't believe how mobile they seem, and playing with little toys too! :laugh: It feels like a moment ago they had little tiny teeny jazz hands.

I did this thing called neural stimulation on them. I've no idea if that has anything to do with it, or if they're just normal, I forget how old puppies are when they start walking. They started yesterday and they'll be 2 weeks old on Friday, late at night, they were almost born Saturday morning.

From my experience most puppies start to wobble around on their feet at about 3 weeks... so whatever you are doing with them is seriously working well!

As for picking up and playing with toys... your babies are well ahead in that area too...

They just get more stunning every time we see them...

T.

They are right on normal time frames for walking etc. they start walking like drunks at 2 weeks, eyes open and they walk more. Ears open at 2.5 - 3 weeks and then they start barking and growling. By 4 weeks they are running.

I assume you meant 3 weeks old this Friday not 2 weeks? If those pups are 2 weeks old they are way way ahead.

Edited by indigirl

Secret has almost caught up to Mystery... but it will be a while before either of them catch up to FB... lol!

Remember Neko's litter... wasn't Arkey a bigger boy than his sibs? He turned out perfectly normal in the end... *grin*

T.

ahem, no, that was Milton who grew to the size of a small whippet :laugh: although he was also desexed quite early which would have contributed to his eventual size.

from what I've heard European IGs are quite small at birth, anywhere from 90-150gms is about average I think, so our IGs tend to be bigger here and it seems that this line in particular can throw biggies. Widge herself was 270gms at birth and grew to be a normal size for a female, I've seen quite a few bigger than her in the show ring, but I think this boy might go oversize. I have to admit to falling in love with him though, he's a big squishy cuddly boy. I dont want to keep one, but if I happened to keep him it wouldn't matter to me if he grew too large, I'd just train him up to race the whippets and perhaps course him.