Widget: From Big Belly To Babies!

Kirislin

thankyou both. I had to move Inky/Secret out of the laundry because it would have been cruel to make her suddenly sleep alone in there, even though it is a warm snug bed, so I let her come into the lounge room while I watched TV. She's never done that before and thought it was heaven on the couch, under a blanket suckling on her mummy! She was almost weaned as Neko wasn't letting them get a drink much because they were all getting a bit rough, but now it's just back to one she didn't seem to mind. I would like her to dry off but for now I let it go as both seemed to enjoy it. She slept.......eventually after much whimpering in her little cat crate by my bed but had me up very early to let her out for a wee and didn't stop crying after that. Aah the joys of puppy training.

Speaking of which I will start in earnest today, if I'm up to it. Marcus and I made her a tiny limited slip collar yesterday with the limited part being a little ladybird button that will stop the collar tightening on her neck. It's pretty cute. I'll see if I can get a photo of her wearing it. It's only for walking on leash, not a wear around collar.

It's a really chilly morning here and in typical Iggy style she's shivering, although it really is probably from the cold today and not just because they're shivery dogs. So in my typical rag bag style I've just fashioned her a little jumper out of an old sock. She panicked a bit when I was trying to put it on her, but once on, she hasn't tried to get it off, it's as if it's been on her all her life. I'll try to get some better pics later today

26218771175_6e633c1217_c.jpgPuppy fashion icon by kirislin, on Flickr

25945895820_c5469574cd_c.jpgpuppy vids 2april2016 006 by kirislin, on Flickr

Edited by Kirislin

I took her and her mum for a walk in town. She hasn't really learnt how to properly walk on a lead yet but was fantastic! I took Neko for moral support but I would have been better to leave her at home. She was anxious and I started thinking I hope her attitude doesn't rub off on her baby who trotted out confidently, with her little tail up. People were amazed by her and she got lots of pats and smooches and handled it all well. She would even go up to people wagging her tail, I think she's got a fabulous temperament. I hope she stays that way.

What a roller coaster you and Secret are one, K. Much love to you all. She still has her mum - I'm having trouble separating them in my mind now. Still hard to believe Neko Daisy Ninja is a mum. Time goes much too quickly.

Yay DDD, glad to see you remember her proper name :laugh:

I took the itsy bitsy puppy Secret, (who is staying with me at least for a while) for another walk on the lead a couple of days ago. We went into my little town and we walked past the shops. She was so good, very confident, trotting out with her tail up. She can keep up with me at a medium paced walk, I dont know how those little legs can move so fast. She got lots of pats and I got asked lots of questions, and heard some silly (nasty) comments, you get used to them when you have an IG or a whippet.

Some of the questions asked. Is that a designer dog? Is she fully grown? How big will she grow? Are they expensive? Is that the only colour they come in? (honestly, some people think they're a product you can just order in the colour you like), will you race her? (to which they were surprised when I said yes I intend to) Is that a rat? :mad What is it? Is she cold? Why is she shivering? An Italian what?

As cute as she is while tiny, I'm really hoping she will grow because right now she's like a miniature miniature! I still weigh her every few days and although she's not skinny and still in good condition with lots of energy, I was surprised to find she'd actually LOST 20gms in the last 5 days! She seems to have stopped growing. I'm hoping it's just a little pause and she'll start up again.

She was 10 weeks old on Friday. The last 6 months have just flown by, from when we realised Neko was coming in season earlier than expected and then the wonderful opportunity that Bipsy was getting out of quarantine right when she was ready to be mated and that his owners were willing to let him be used over Neko. The stars just all seemed to be in alignment.

At this stage she looks to be a beautiful shape, lovely top and underline, and I'm not an expert in movement but she looks to at least be sound and straight to me, no flippy paws or elbows, no cow hocks or bowed legs. When she stands naturally she stands square which is good. I cannot say about drive or lift or the other stuff show people look for. I'm more interested to see if she can run. It would be fun to get her going after the drag lure and maybe even lure coursing. I'll start her off on blow flies :laugh: they're about the right sized prey for her at this stage.

Yes, I should, I just realised Neko was 10 weeks old when I brought her home. I'll have to go back and look at the photos of Neko when I first got her and compare them.

I recall a photo of NDN standing on the couch trying to make friends with a picture of (I think) her mum??

Secret sounds delightful and if you do all you plan with her, she should stay with you and HER mum.

:love: