Widget: From Big Belly To Babies!

Kirislin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Neko is 4 years old today!  I haven't taken a photo of her today as it's freezing here and she doesn't want to move away from the warmth but her son Obi looks a lot like her in the face.  He's just a great big boy version of his mum.

36343401985_e8c0c9b19a_c.jpgIMG_4416dpp OBI by kirislin, on Flickr

and this is her brother Arkey who had a happy return to the straight drag lure chase last Sunday.  He was the wunder kinder as far as speed and lure coursing went, and Marcus had high hopes for competing with him and then tragically he  broke his front leg in late 2015 while in the care of someone else, and we thought he'd never run again.  Sunday was the first time he's been allowed to run since the accident, and I admit my heart was in my mouth, especially as he yelped the whole way, but it was from excitement not pain.  I dont kinow if he will ever be able to return to coursing though, there's much more risk of injury.  We shall see......

anyway, welcome back Arkey!  

36298820336_1317e94d14_c.jpgIMG_4476dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

and finally Willow who is unrelated but might contribute at some time to the line.  She's been to the fun days since she was a puppy but showed no real enthusiasm to chase the lure, until this last time, and only because she was allowed to have a tug-of-war with Minnie the jack russell terrier and it seems to have done the trick, the penny has dropped and now she will chase.

36206552881_8af4566c3c_c.jpgIMG_4456dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

Edited by Kirislin
  • Like 2

• 7 months later...

It’s been such a long time since I’ve posted here. Widget has just turned 10 years old! Neko and Arkey turned 4 in August and Secret is already over 2! How time flies. I called in today and managed to get all the dogs in the one shot.  There’s some new faces you won’t know and some dear old ones are no longer with us.

07EF7644-90D0-4F85-B391-6686C0FF9B2E

Edited by Kirislin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/21/2018 at 8:32 PM, Dame Danny's Darling said:

How beautiful.  Secret is still tiny!!

Yep she pretty much stopped growing at 7 months old when she weighed 2.5kg. Then at her first season at 12 months  old she had a growth spurt and put on another 200gms so her adult weight is 2.7kgs.  Her mum fluctuates between 4.7-5kgs so almost double her weight.  

As cute as Secret is I am constantly afraid something will take her.  There were Wedge Tailed eagles hovering over the yard last week.  It just puts me into a panic and fills me with dread at the thought of her being eaten!  She's still at risk at night too because we have powerful owls here.  I would never intentionally get such a tiny dog while I live in the country.   

Edited by Kirislin

25 minutes ago, Kirislin said:

Yep she pretty much stopped growing at 7 months old when she weighed 2.5kg. Then at her first season at 12 months  old she had a growth spurt and put on another 200gms so her adult weight is 2.7kgs.  Her mum fluctuates between 4.7-5kgs so almost double her weight.  

As cute as Secret is I am constantly afraid something will take her.  There were Wedge Tailed eagles hovering over the yard last week.  It just puts me into a panic and fills me with dread at the thought of her being eaten!  She's still at risk at night too because we have powerful owls here.  I would never intentionally get such a tiny dog while I live in the country.   

OMG!  I feel your pain, K  :cry: :cry:.  I’ve had tiny little dogs too and, although I live in the city, some of the crows I’d see were bigger than a couple of my dogs.  

• 3 months later...