Widget: From Big Belly To Babies!

Kirislin

It’s been a while but some happy news and photos to add to Widgets thread.  The newest puppies of the family make Widget a grandma for the second time,  Neko an auntie and bratty little Secret has 3 new cousins, because Arkey is now a daddy.  The proud mother is Oranja who came to Australia from Germany about 4 years ago. It was love at first sight between she and Arkey and the 2 little virgins knew exactly what to do.

all I have to figure out now is how to add the photos. It’s been so long I’ve forgotten how, and I’m trying from an iPad, and things just don’t seem to work the way I remember. 

http://39938462703_c6c93a89e7_z.jpgC1BD7302-08E7-4C2C-8619-FA14654EE461 by kirislin, on Flickr

http://39938463853_e849ca3a50_n.jpg282F3549-0ABB-4093-AE8B-CE2AE72750CE by kirislin, on Flickr

• Like 3

http://46851160282_2f9de0835d_n.jpgC4A4EB2B-509F-4AF6-9B83-792593A0148C by kirislin, on Flickr

http://46178299674_e4a0060539_n.jpgD8EA3605-FF45-4CC0-8426-EB3441D3A4E1 by kirislin, on Flickr

http://39938474923_72c158b7a2_n.jpgDC6F94D7-274E-4F5B-BE5A-E5E5EA42A9F4 by kirislin, on Flickr

theres lots more pics but they’re difficult to add here. It’s easier to just follow the link to Flickr.

ill be going back once their eyes are open.

• Like 4

Wow

Beautiful tiny babes xxx squeeeeel 

is ‘isabella’ common or uncommon in igs? I can’t wait to see the little golden girl grow 

edited to ask Kirislin > will the Isabella’s keep a dilute pale nose as supposed to a dark or black nose like dads/ Arkeys 

Edited by PeiLuvR
Added question

23 hours ago, PeiLuvR said:

Wow

Beautiful tiny babes xxx squeeeeel 

is ‘isabella’ common or uncommon in igs? I can’t wait to see the little golden girl grow 

edited to ask Kirislin > will the Isabella’s keep a dilute pale nose as supposed to a dark or black nose like dads/ Arkeys 

Isabella is a dilute colour so lighter coloured noses.

• 2 months later...

Arkey and Oranja’s puppies have gone to their new homes now and I had the enjoyable task of taking little Floyd (the darker of the 2 boys) to Albury on Good Friday to be picked up at the roughly half way mark by his new owner. He will go on to a show career and I’m hoping he’ll do very well. His new Mum was absolutely smitten with him when she finally laid eyes on him in the flesh.

sorry, not my photo but this is Floyd.

C9B80912-D055-4FEF-84C8-515449B7BC3A.jpeg

Edited by Kirislin
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

How time flies. It’s 6 years today since Widget had her puppies.  The 3 surviving puppies Milton, born in my car on the way to the vets, then Neko in the surgery while I dashed out to grab Marcus’s wallet, so I missed it and lastly Arkey.

Neko went on to have a litter of 3 who went onto pet homes, Secret being one, lives with me, Crickett went to “Queensland Nanna” and Obi is hopefully going to be used at stud lives with a friend at the beach.   Arkey has sired one litter himself who are all looking beautiful and will be shown, and he’s got another litter due later this month!  fingers crossed all goes well.

so tonight in celebration of Neko’s birthday it’s roast dinner day.  Since Puck is allergic to chicken they’re having roast pork and veggies.  I might even get some too if I’m lucky.

Thankyou Widget, Tango and Marcus for giving me such a wonderful gift of a life and Happy Birthday my darling little girl.

Edited by Kirislin
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, Beltar said:

Hi Kirislin!

Happy Birthday to darling Neko.  :party:

Enjoy your yummy birthday dinner gorgeous girl.

Pats and smooches to all your beautiful doggies.

Thanks on her behalf. I usually feed them about 4pm but I gave them an early dinner, and quite a bit more than usual.  Neko always loves her tucker and wagged her tail the whole time she was eating. I wish I’d taken a video of her.   I don’t spoil them much, my dogs don’t get food treats as a matter of course so it’s fun to let them have a feast for a special occasion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

So, we have 2 new additions to the Widget family.  Widget’s son Arkey became a father for the 2nd time last Monday.   2 teeny tiny little girlies of a most unusual colour. It will probably end up some shade of fawn, I really don’t know.   Willow the mother is quite small but it was a textbook whelping and all 3 are doing well. The puppies have almost doubled their birthweight in just 5 days. They’re the tiniest puppies I’ve ever seen. 152gms and 148gms at birth. 

A7ED75F4-4CC5-499C-9A10-CD3F896DFBDD.jpeg

FE5F20E5-ED8C-408B-A2EE-CAF5016AFA78.jpeg

• Like 2