Widget: From Big Belly To Babies!

Kirislin

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Some tragic news which I hesitated to put here but then I thought this has become a chronicle of the lives of the Widget family, so it belongs here. 
Arkey, Roskyle Electrified Kisses had to be euthanised yesterday.  It was a complete shock. He’s not even 7 years old.  Marcus asked me to go with him to the vets as he was worried about Arkey who suddenly started crying in pain on Wednesday evening and it continued intermittently over night.  Turns out he had a diaphragmatic hernia and his intestines were pushed right up into his chest. He only had one lung to breathe from, the other was completely collapsed. We have no idea how long it had been like this but he’d had digestive issues for much of his life.  We suspect he’s had it for a while but it worsened over the last day or so.

he was such a beautiful vibrant dog. I can’t believe he’s gone.  He is buried on my property in a high point of the paddock.  Rest In Peace perfect Arkey. We will all miss you. 
here he is at a recent fun day, doing what he loved most of all. 

67978548-824E-49FB-82A3-8EEC47E45E91.jpeg

• Sad 3

Oh @Kirislin... my heart hurts for you and Marcus...

Arkey was such an amazing boy... and I'm sure he has given you both some really beautiful memories to treasure. Please remember him with smiles, not tears...

Fly free with the angels Arkey... you were a very special and treasured boy.

T.

The horrible images that just floored us. We couldn’t comprehend what we were seeing. That’s his intestines shoved up into his chest cavity. Completely rendering his left lung unable to function. We don’t even know how long it had been like this, but the suspicion is quite a while.  Until Wednesday evening the only hint there was a problem was his habit of not eating sometimes. He’d been examined many times for it and the vets didn’t know what was wrong. He was on homeopathic meds to help treat it.  Now suddenly seeing this everything started to make sense as to why he sometimes wouldn’t eat. A1EC2F57-2CC3-42B7-A2FB-AB8C0145AD52.thumb.jpeg.892935ad80d81f4bc8e0395d226c1b62.jpeg

• 2 months later...

Happy Birthday to my darling Neko! She’s 7 today.  Her brother Milton too. And remembering Arkey who should be with us but sadly is no more.  This is the last photo I took of him.  
Here at home we will celebrate with a roast which has become a tradition now in which the dogs get the choice bits and I have the left overs. 

10405846-C4B4-4E61-8579-B7BD61EAB5C7.jpeg

• Sad 2