Widget: From Big Belly To Babies!

Kirislin

It's a rainy day here, been going for hours, I wont get any outside shots. For now this is all I can manage but it comforts me to know she willingly puts herself in the whelping box. This is the same one she was in as a puppy and she must remember it although the set up is different. I've put a card table over the top and some material over that to make a nice dark warm place for her, like a cave. Same system I used when Penny had her babies. I will go to bunnings today to get some lino to put underneath as it's in my bedroom. The plan is to move it after about a week. I just want her near me for the first few days so I can hear if anything's wrong. I was originally going to sleep by her in my swag on the floor and then thought I may as well just have the whelping box in the bedroom. I think it will work OK.....hope so.

This is all you will see of Neko today I think

24583433571_3216edf5c7_c.jpg5F6A4934dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

unless I lift the curtain

24048787814_2d9c460986_c.jpg5F6A4935dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

OK, dont get excited just yet, but Neko's temperature has dropped. This means that she will whelp within 24 hours. It could still be quite a while before anything happens but I've let the vet know. I'll keep you all informed as best I can. Right now she's curled in a tight little ball in her whelping box. She is calm and surprisingly, so am I. Looks like I wont get to bunnings for that lino after all.

Think good thoughts for Neko and her babies.

Edited by Kirislin

Can you send someone to bunnings to get the lino for you?

I am immediately excited.

Nah, it's OK. I can put towels down if it looks like getting messy but it's unlikely to anyway. It was probably overkill.

She looks sooo adorable, she melts my heart!

Mine too. I hate seeing her in pain.

She stayed in the whelping box for several hours but got out about half an hour ago. I thought she was going to be sick but she didn't. then she started stretching and arching her back, clearly uncomfortable. She came into the kitchen and curled up on a bed and was trembling for a while then became very still and quiet. Now she's snuggled up with Feather.

Nothing happening, she just ate her dinner with enthusiasm so I think it might not be for a while yet, maybe not even till tomorrow. She still doesn't look the right shape to me, her tummy hasn't dropped much, although perhaps a bit more than this morning.

It's 1.46am and we are home from taking Neko in for a caesarian. Guess what, I have never been so glad to be WRONG!!!! so lucky I didn't bet money there was only 2 puppies, because we have 3!!!!! In order of birth, a seal coloured GIRL..like Neko weight 220gms. Next a jet black great big fatty boombah BOY weighing 300gms!!!! and last, hidden away like all the experienced breeders told me, a beautiful jet black GIRL weighing 170gms. If they'd been born naturally the boy would have been first and I think it would have been risky. I very much doubt she would have got him out. I'm disappointed we had to have a caesar, but I think it was for the best. Thank you all for your good wishes, photos will come tomorrow.