Widget: From Big Belly To Babies!

Kirislin

Oh, and we still haven't worked out this girls colour. You can see a very faint stripe down the middle of her nose. It was wider at birth, it wasn't a pink (unpigmented) stripe, more a brownish colour. We think she is a dilute. Some days I am sure she is blue, other days she looks brown. Anyone want to hazard a guess as to what she is?

24666721299_f2b8a9d707_c.jpg5F6A5364dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

No dilutes are fawn and blue.

This pup may carry dilute which means she can produce blues or fawn pups if mated to the right dog. Bipsy can produce dilutes which means he has 1 dilutte and 1 non dilute gene. I know this because I've seen pics of litters he's sired overseas.

Renee is really into colour genetics maybe talk to her, I'm sure she can explsin it far better than i can

It may be the colour of the pics tricking me but that pup looks seal to me. The black/deep brown nose is the biggest indicator to me. Plus you say she has brown through her coat, agsin that suggests she's seal.

Edited by indigirl

I'm loving the waiting and wondering with this girl, hence me calling her Mystery. IGs have so many colours that cannot be described with the few options given in the limited colour range in the standard. I've seen some beautiful colours that have left me scratching my head, and I think there's even more OS that haven't even come to our shores yet. Pretty sure Tui had to change the colour given on the original pedigree of a dog she imported because the Australian IG standard didn't cover it.

Hoping once they're outside running around her colour will be easier to work out. Even her siblings have us curious. We thought they were black, and that is what will have to go on their pedigrees, even Neko has to be called black, and she's not really. The 2 black puppies aren't the same as each other. The girl is a cooler black, the boy is warmer, he has a faint reddish tinge to his coat. I suppose the only way to know for sure is to have them DNA tested and that would just be a waste of money, cause what ever they are we have to call them black when they're registered.