Widget: From Big Belly To Babies!

Kirislin

she's still not comfortable with them coming too close, and they know it. Sometimes if she's gone outside I show them and they'll have a really quick sniff and then turn their faces away as if to say "we're not allowed to look at them yet"

I've got a really sore back and hips at the moment so I'm struggling to take pics and the light is not good in my bedroom where the whelping box is. Neko doesn't like it if I drag it over to the window, poor baby, she thinks all the bad creatures outside will find out she has puppies and come and murder them so it's all a bit hard right now. I know most are blurry but I figure any photos are better than none at all.

Yeah, I was surprised they're getting up on their legs already, I cant remember if puppies usually do it so soon or not. As soon as these puppies started to see and hear it totally changed them from little slugs just seeking out mums boobs and crawling on their bellies, they suddenly had the incentive to try to walk. The change was like flicking a light switch, it was amazing to see.

They are beautiful babies and more sensible than some of mine were. I had a couple babies wobbling around on their feet before eyes opened. It was kid of funny to watch but I thought it was a strange order of development as surely it is easier to wait until you can see before trying to walk?

Now you reach the fun stage watching the little personalities develop. I love it when they get to knowing the sound of your voice and come excitedly running over as soon as they see or hear you approach :)

I was surprised to discover this morning that the boy already has teeth, canines, molars, those itty bitty ones at the front, the lot!! They're 22 days old today. Looks like the girls aren't far behind him, I could see the molars under the gums. He's such a monster too, he's using his new teeth to full effect on his sisters. Just wait until they gang up on him. Come on sisters! You can do it.

precocious little bubs _ you are in for heaps of fun!

Yep, I think I might get Marcus to help me move them tomorrow into the laundry with access to the hallway which is all lino. I'll put a baby gate up so they cannot come into the kitchen but they'll be more involved with the goings on in the house but still be able to have quiet and privacy in the laundry which is quite a big room. They haven't yet got the courage to venture out of the whelping box as yet but once they do it will be easier to clean up all their messes on lino too.

precocious little bubs _ you are in for heaps of fun!

Yep, I think I might get Marcus to help me move them tomorrow into the laundry with access to the hallway which is all lino. I'll put a baby gate up so they cannot come into the kitchen but they'll be more involved with the goings on in the house but still be able to have quiet and privacy in the laundry which is quite a big room. They haven't yet got the courage to venture out of the whelping box as yet but once they do it will be easier to clean up all their messes on lino too.

sounds a good plan :)

Hmmm..THE hand Model !! ;)

Can we request a photo of Marcus sitting down with all 3 babies on his lap or similar? Please? *grin*

How is Arkey's leg doing now?

T.

:rofl: I'll see what I can do.

Arkey is doing well, he's on AB's for the pin track infection and it's clearing up, but he'll need to stay on them until the pins are removed. It's a long slow process of healing.

and see the big boy is lightening off! I still think the middle pup is dilute (blue) or seal and the boy is dark pigmented, but it is hard to tell what he'll end up as. It doesn't really matter because he has to be recorded as black, there's no other option. Not sure about the girl though, dont know what she'll be recorded as yet, which is why I'm calling her Mystery.

They are so precious!

So are Black and Seal the only two dark colours that are registrable?

We aren't allowed to describe them as seal, they'll have to be called Black. I'm pretty sure the girl I'm calling Mystery is a dilute but I dont know if she's really blue, she might be a dilute of seal, but if that is the case she will still just have to be called Blue.

These are the only options we have to write on their pedigrees. "Black, blue, cream, fawn, red, white, or any of these colours broken with white. White dogs may be broken with one of these colours."

so we cannot call them seal or sable or so many other colours they come in. I've seen so many different shades of fawns, and dilute versions of them as well. I've seen IGs that are almost siamese cat marked with light bodies and darker legs. I've seen bronze coloured IGs, I've seen heavily sabled fawns that are so dark they look almost black, but you'd either have to call them black, which they are not, or fawn, which they dont look like. It's pretty confusing and the standard is very restrictive. Anyone researching colour in IGs would find it impossible.

I know of a lady who imported an IG and she had to change the colour on the pedigree because Australia wouldn't allow the correct colour to be recorded.

Look back at Arkey when he was born, he looked like a sable fawn to me, at birth but he changed so much to a rich reddish gold. I'm not actually sure what Marcus eventually registered him as, it would have been either red, or fawn.

Edited by Kirislin

Secret yesterday, she's got little pixie ears!

25150706436_3f982cffa0_c.jpgSecret by kirislin, on Flickr

L-R Secret, Mystery and big boy that a friend suggested calling "Obvious" in line with his sisters names and his size. :rofl:

25177038505_148584d03c_c.jpg5F6A5427dpp by kirislin, on Flickr

24881396170_cf9d00fc19_c.jpg5F6A5444dpp by kirislin, on Flickr

24546328264_5150e7fd46_c.jpg5F6A5446dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

24550177523_8a3e7a29f4_c.jpg5F6A5456dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

24550167703_c1ae85d13b_c.jpg5F6A5458dpp by kirislin, on Flickr

24809288029_5441ca7c99_c.jpg5F6A5460dppt by kirislin, on Flickr