Widget: From Big Belly To Babies!

Kirislin

Do you know what happened to the little girl, or what was wrong with her?

Not really, I lost 2 from the first litter I bred and I dont know why either. It just happens sometimes.

Her owner is now just trying to concentrate on the 3 beautiful puppies she's given him.

Not really, I lost 2 from the first litter I bred and I dont know why either. It just happens sometimes.

Her owner is now just trying to concentrate on the 3 beautiful puppies she's given him.

I know, just wondering.

I love the pink toes on the black one. Will it stay un-black as he grows up, or get colour?

:love: Squeeeeeeeeeeeezableyadoooooooooorable :love:

I love Iggies!

(Ps if anyone wants an Iggy giggle use the first link underneath this post & scroll down a bit!)

Edited by skyefool

I know, just wondering.

I love the pink toes on the black one. Will it stay un-black as he grows up, or get colour?

I think the white gets smaller but she might always have little white toes, I suppose it's a wait and see, sometimes that's the fun bit. :D

Very much so, its hard and long road that most people dont get to see, they only get to the lovely side of having a gorgeous Iggy pup in there lives.

I wouldn't be able to cope with the loss that is why I would never become a breeder. I bet there would be tonnes of work as well. Time consuming too.

But what a why to 'waste' time :)

Gorgeous photos, some of the best photos of puppies that I've ever seen

Kirislin is absolutely the best :thumbsup:

Have you set up a camp bed alongside Widget yet, K? :laugh:

They are totally gorgeous and in those last photos of Widget before the births, she looks like a bronze statue. What a stunner of a girl.

I'm very sad the second little girl didn't make it. Hard to believe that huge bulge contained just 4 puppies.

Gorgeous photos, some of the best photos of puppies that I've ever seen

Kirislin is absolutely the best :thumbsup:

Have you set up a camp bed alongside Widget yet, K? :laugh:

They are totally gorgeous and in those last photos of Widget before the births, she looks like a bronze statue. What a stunner of a girl.

I'm very sad the second little girl didn't make it. Hard to believe that huge bulge contained just 4 puppies.

No, I live about an hour away but her owner is sleeping in the whelping room and he said last night Widget left them and hopped into bed with him for a cuddle, but the second she heard a squeak from them she jumped off his bed and back to her babies. She's very attentive.

I'm helping a friend pack today for moving house but Wednesday I'll go back down for a couple of hours during the day just to make sure all is well, while her owner returns to work.

Thanks every one for the kind comments about the photos.

Oh my! Aren't they simply adorable?

Please plant a soft kiss on Widget from me when you next visit... she is doing an amazing job there...

They are going to be a complete scream when they become mobile playing machines... lol!

T.

Oh my! Aren't they simply adorable?

Please plant a soft kiss on Widget from me when you next visit... she is doing an amazing job there...

They are going to be a complete scream when they become mobile playing machines... lol!

T.

I've just hung up from their Dad and we were talking about when their eyes open and how much fun that's going to be. :laugh: Widge is getting lots of kisses of love and gratitude from her Dad and me when I visit. No trouble at all to give her some extra on your behalf, it's just the excuse I need to give her some more. :D

Poor Widget is going to be a very busy girl when they become more mobile and can see exactly where the milk bar is... *grin*

They are already starting to look like little sighthounds, aren't they? Little noses getting longer, and those adorable little feet... *squeal*

T.

forgot to tell the story of my little "adventure" on Wednesday when I went to check on Widget and the puppies. I'm about an hour away from them, and I've been given a front door key to let myself in. I was about half way into my journey when I realised I'd forgotten to bring the key.

I remembered her Dad mentioning something about a spare key hidden outside, but I only paid scant attention to him. What a mistake that was!

I got there and went to open the side gate to get into the backyard. He'd neglected to mention it's padlocked. The gate and fence would have to at least 6 feet high, possibly a bit higher. I'm closer to 60 than 50 and arthritic, overweight with a very gammy hip and back (where's Mr Rolly eyes when we need him). I could't just climb the boundary fence which had the rails on his side, and straddle the front to backyard gate because of plants in the way. That would have been fairly easy I think, even for me. No, I had to scale the very high gate.

I found some old chairs by the side of the house so put one on either side of the gate but when I went to stand on it, it sank in the soft dirt. I fossicked around and found some bricks to stand the chair on but it was all rather precarious and the gate was still way too high for me to just swing my leg over like mounting a horse. I had to haul myself up and for a while found myself sitting on top of the fence very much like Humpty Dumpty. It crossed my mind while looking down at how far away the ground was, that I might be in hopsital by the end of the day.

I had to kick off a shoe so I could use my monkey toes to grip the railing on the backyard side. My primitive instinct must have really kicked in because I hung on with my toes for dear life. When I finally set foot on terra firma I couldn't believe I'd done it mostly unscathed.

So then to find the key, now where did he say it was? I was rummaging around where I thought it could be, even doing a spot of weeding for him, in desperation that it could have been put somewhere that had since grown over. I looked and looked but no, I couldn't find it. I believe I'm the last person on Earth without a mobile phone, and this is the first time I wished I had one, I had to face the dreaded fence again so I could find a phone to ring him from.

So back I go, my heart in my mouth, so sure I'm going to go break a bone any moment. I made it over safely and then had to find a phone. I at least had some luck there, I remembered the vets up the road where I'd taken Widge to be weighed the week before and they were kind enough to let me use their phone, and my second stroke of luck was that I actually had written his mobile down and had it in my purse. Pick up your bloody phone! Nope, I got a recorded message, so left a very flustered message to him of what had happened and waited to hear back. The vet nurses were lovely and went through their records and found his work number and we got him on there. When I spoke to him expecting a bit of sympathy all I got was a very dry, well, you wont do that again will you? Then he asked if I could hear all the people laughing in the background? Yes, I can. Well they're laughing at YOU, but dont worry, you'll probably never meet them.

I got the instructions, faced the gate for the THIRD time and found the key. Thank God it also opened the back door. I dont think I could have faced that gate again. I let myself in rummaged through his tablets and scoffed a Valium. I showed great control just taking one. And now I've attached his keys to my own car keys. He was right, I wont be doing that again.

Edit: Of course hindsight is a wonderful thing. The smart thing to have done would be to ring him FIRST to check where he'd put the key, but I dont need it rubbed in anymore how silly I was. :laugh:

Edited by Kirislin

So glad I didn't have a mouthful of coffee while reading that Kirislin... *giggle*

It was worth it all though to see Widget and her babies, yes?

How did the old body pull up on Thursday after all that strenuous exercise?

T.

So glad I didn't have a mouthful of coffee while reading that Kirislin... *giggle*

It was worth it all though to see Widget and her babies, yes?

How did the old body pull up on Thursday after all that strenuous exercise?

T.

Little bit tender, mostly on the inside of my fat leggies where I'd gripped for dear life. :laugh:

Yes, it was worth it to see the iggies.

Edited by Kirislin