Ag Show Passes Rule

yarracully

I just received my gate passes back for an up coming Ag show, and I was curious the number of passes received. There used to be a formula where the number of passes was determined by the number of dogs you entered. I just looked up the regs on the ankc site and it appears they have changed the ruling to the effect that an exhibitor does not have to pay to enter.

We normally enter 6-7dogs per show and the extra passes were for family to help handle. Now it seems that no matter how many dogs you enter you only get one pass if all the dogs are in one name. So it raises the issue. Do I spend extra to pay for my other handlers to get in the gate, or do I enter fewer dogs so I won't need the other handlers? To spend more or save, that is the question?

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw your post - State rules trump the ANKC - the rules for NSW are as follows and I believe most states are the same.

SECTION 22

1/90

Facilities at Shows

22.1 No exhibitor shall be required by an Affiliate to pay a fee to gain entrance to a

Showground.

22.2 (a) An Affiliate shall permit each exhibitor to park without charge one vehicle

on or within reasonable proximity to a Showground.

(b) If parking cannot be provided on a Showground, exhibitors are nonetheless

entitled to reasonable vehicular access to the Showground for the purpose of

loading and unloading of an exhibit.

22.3 An Affiliate shall issue each exhibitor with: 5/90

(a) one pass for one or two exhibits;

(b) two passes for three or four exhibits;

© three passes for five or six exhibits;

(d) four passes for seven or more exhibits; and each such pass shall:-

(e) permit the bearer to enter and remain on the Showground for the duration of the Show, and

(f) confer on the bearer the vehicular privileges referred to in Regulation 22.2.

Hope that helps.

Nancy Keck

• 3 weeks later...

Yep same in QLD and of all the Ag shows I have done I have always been issued with one pass =one dog however when I needed to have someone come with me to help set up/groom etc there was no problem with her entering in same vehicle as myself, I think the gate people are reasonably flexible really.