Dog Treat

persephone

These are great! I use them when doing active rewards - ie agility, running, as no chance of choking/ dropping.

My Tibbie hates being brushed but will now tolerate it, so I let him 'hold' the stick still with one paw while he licks at it and I can brush him, even his tail and pantaloons (least favourite brushing place) with no attempts to run away :)

yeah there were a few cases reported in the US of dogs being injured or dying due to chomping too hard on the ball - it can dislodge and be swallowed

:( It really isnt designed to be bitten on, definitely wouldn't leave the dogs alone with it.

Thanks for highlighting this.

yeah there were a few cases reported in the US of dogs being injured or dying due to chomping too hard on the ball - it can dislodge and be swallowed

:( It really isnt designed to be bitten on, definitely wouldn't leave the dogs alone with it.

Thanks for highlighting this.

A dog being too enthusiastic I guess. Mine are a bit like 'do we just lick?, are you sure?' and try and have a nibble.

Guest Clover

Yep I got a few of these at the dog lovers show. Paid about $9 or so for them. The dogs quite like them but I have been slack and not really used them as training rewards.

it gets really cold over here in the winter and these make fabulous training rewards in the cold, trying to fumble with regular treats with mitts on is kinda hard lol and without mitts you can't move your fingers. before these things came about we solved it by rewarding with PB on a wooden spoon but that would cause some dogs to stop all the time. lickity sticks are like the perfect alternative lol