Your Heart Dog

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love all the dogs in my life dearly and would be devastated if anything happened to them but my baby Wisdom is my heart dog, I never experienced having a heart dog before Wiz. She's everything I want in a dog and more and I feel a connection to her like nothing else. It's not something that I can even really describe in words.

I loved my childhood dogs, but none of them were what I would describe as my heart dogs. My two now I love to pieces, and I think I've slipped up once or twice and referred to once of them as my heart dog and I hated myself for it. I love them both, and if anything happened to either of them I'd be devastated and lose a piece of myself, but they have complete different personalities and one is perhaps 'easier' and one is super high maintenance and I wonder if this influences my feelings for them sometimes. By calling one my heart dog I feel like I'm betraying the other one and feel omg so guilty, so I just can't use that term (even though maybe it's true).

April was my heart dog. I guess I can say that because she was truly only my dog. She followed me everywhere. She always made a fuss of me when I came home & I let her. I have & do love all the dogs I've had/have but they seemed to be family dogs, where April preferred to be mine. I miss her dearly & for a long time I used to get a glimpse of her whenever Tilba walked by out the corner of my eye.

Have to say I just knew with razzle. When I first saw him I had to have him. He can be a pain in the butt, as a pup and even now he is destructive. Yet he is a joy to train, he can also just read me and is there if I need someone to cuddle, my clown if I'm sad. He's my buddy and I love him to bits

I feel that it's more obvious having two dogs and needing to share the love. I love both Kirah and Zeus but I love them differently. Kirah is the type of dog who sh*ts me to tears but is just so damn adorable, loving and endearing that I can't help but love her and her flaws. Zeus on the other hand is my gorgeous goofball who I absolutely ADORE working with. He's my smiley, happy doofus and whatever he's doing he has an infectious, goofy grin and makes me happy.

I love them both so much, but in such different ways. Poochie was my childhood dog and I loved growing up with her around and love her for different reasons to my current two as well. She had a love of all people and taught herself to climb ladders because she just wanted to be with me as I often sat in my cubbyhouse reading. I can still see her now using her front legs to pull herself up each rung -- the sheer determination to reach the top still amazes me!

The more I think on it, the more I think that all my dogs will be my heart dogs but for entirely different reasons. I will never love each dog the same, nor will one dog replace another and more importantly, I believe my heart is a big enough place for all my gorgeous bubbas: past, present and future. :)

I loved my childhood dogs, but none of them were what I would describe as my heart dogs. My two now I love to pieces, and I think I've slipped up once or twice and referred to once of them as my heart dog and I hated myself for it. I love them both, and if anything happened to either of them I'd be devastated and lose a piece of myself, but they have complete different personalities and one is perhaps 'easier' and one is super high maintenance and I wonder if this influences my feelings for them sometimes. By calling one my heart dog I feel like I'm betraying the other one and feel omg so guilty, so I just can't use that term (even though maybe it's true).

I feel the same way :)

Doof is 12 1/2 now and I got him at 14 months. He's a nutbag and back then, I was happy with a totally neurotic nutcase by my side in everything I did. It's harder now, with a toddler, because it is beyond him to be calm and I have to watch him around her 24/7 (he'd never be one to bite but he's crazy and will knock her down if you don't stay on top of him).

Bear on the other hand, my baby toller I had dreamed of for 7 years, and when I saw a photo at 4 weeks I had a lightning bolt to the heart moment and turned to my colleague and went 'That's my dog' despite not knowing if we were anywhere near the top of the list. And I was right, she's mine. She's an amazing dog but more than that she has been my daughters best, most loyal friend and protector from before I knew I was pregnant. They've had a connection from the start, my daughters first word was bear and she is just a seamless, easy fit into our family. I don't know if that makes her my heart dog but bloody hell life wouldn't be the same without her

I loved all of the dogs in my life; the ones that i had as a child and the ones i've had within the family that i created with OH...but Wilbur my 2yr old chocolate labby has stolen my heart just that little bit more than the others. I think that the time of my life has helped develop the relationship i have with him - I no longer have babies or young children to raise and can focus on him and training much more.

I really don't like thinking about being apart from him - going on holidays without him is a stressful time for me. Now when i consider holidays i like to think of ways to get away to places where i can bring him along too. I want to go to Europe in the next year or so as my eldest daughter is living in Germany atm but i'm having a hard time committing to it because i'd have to leave Wilbur frown.gif

Very off topic but my next dogs name is going to be Thundercleese Alvin, hope you don't mind me stealing those names.

Not at all but I am warning you now not to do it! :laugh: He might live up to his name sake - who is CRAZY!:rofl: It's taken me two years to fall in love with Alvin. He is an a hole of a dog but we have finally gotten there! Well, he has gotten me trained to his liking rather than the other way around *rolls eyes*

I have loved all my dogs dearly, but the two who were my heart dogs were Wally and Roger, Roger was a blue cattle/dingo cross and little Wazzer was a Chi/Pom cross. Wally will always be with me, I can feel him here still, even though I have another little mite, who is a rascal and loveable , Wally will always be the number one, and I cannot see that ever changing.

You just know :).

My heart dog was Ryder - CH Bisart Easy Ryder CGC CD ET ROM AOM

I love all my dogs but he was just a part of my being, my heart and soul. We lost him tragically a year and two weeks ago to salmonella poisoning a 4.5 years of age - my heart breaks daily and I still have moments where the grief hits me so hard I can't breath. Even the title of this thread made me lose it - not sure it will ever go away. And not sure I will ever have another but I will know if / when they come along :).

post-26261-0-90440000-1375585687_thumb.jpg

Ryder passing our national temperament test xxx

Likes others have said.. you just know.

I lost my heart dog, Charlie (aka Charles Wentworth) in February and I still feel a though a part of me died when he did. Charlie and I bonded as soon as we lay eyes on each other, and we simply just understand each other from the get go.

I am simply insanely in love with Emmy and Skeeter, but it's a totally different love for them then I did for Charlie.

As I always say:

Charlie was my heart

Emmy is my joy

Skeeter is my happiness.

My heart dog is my Lucy (in my pic)

I never realised until I got a second dog Zara who I love but I have such a strong bond with my Lucy girl. She follows me around the house, has to be wherever I am. As soon as I sit down she's on my knee. She loves walks & car rides, chasing the ball, playing with toys, being brushed, bathed, groomed. She understands a lot of things that I say..

If anything happened to her I'd be absolutely devastated