Check Out This Pudding

*kirty*

This naughty little pudding was loose on Mum's street just now so she is hanging out with us until her owners get home. She has done some renovations to her fence to get out - ie ripped off and snapped several of the brand new timber fence panels... I've left a note on their front door telling them where she is. She is so huge though! Like a big fat wombat lol! She is sweet as pie though. :)

20130803_134516.jpg

20130803_134547.jpg

Just spoke to mum and Miss Porky's owners still haven't come home. Luckily she is having a great time hanging out with my parents and their dog in the lounge room lol.

ETA And yes she is obese! She must be pushing 30kg. She is almost square lol.

Edited by *kirty*

Maybe, just maybe the dog has a medical reason as to why she is so round..

My old stafford got like that after he had chemo for MCT.

The vet kept telling me to stop feeding him so much - I had cut his food back to such a small amount and thought I was still doing something wrong as he kept getting bigger and bigger.

Turns out, his thyroid had failed and was barely working at all. Once he was put on meds and his diet increased to a healthy level, he started to lose the excess weight and spent the rest of his life back at a healthy normal weight.

Good on you for keeping her safe until her owners come home.. I could only hope that my neighbours would do that if my boofhead ever decides to test the gate.

Maybe, just maybe the dog has a medical reason as to why she is so round..

My old stafford got like that after he had chemo for MCT.

The vet kept telling me to stop feeding him so much - I had cut his food back to such a small amount and thought I was still doing something wrong as he kept getting bigger and bigger.

Turns out, his thyroid had failed and was barely working at all. Once he was put on meds and his diet increased to a healthy level, he started to lose the excess weight and spent the rest of his life back at a healthy normal weight.

Good on you for keeping her safe until her owners come home.. I could only hope that my neighbours would do that if my boofhead ever decides to test the gate.

Good point Staffyluv .

One of our cavs has put on weight due to her health issues and meds, id hate for people to prejudge us, or put a pic of her to say about it on DOL embarrass.gif

Thank you tho for looking after her in the meantime Kirty, that is so lovely of you . Hopefully her owners work out how to keep her in ! obviously her excess weight hasn't stopped her from doing everything to get out !

the pics of her and your daughter are cute love.gif

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

Well Jelly (how appropriate lol) finally went home at about 8pm tonight. :) Mum said her owners were very relieved. Mind you, I'm not sure Jelly wanted to go home by then hehe...

IMAG1277-1.jpg

ETA Sorry if I offended anyone with my comments on her weight, but she is hugely obese regardless of cause. But my post wasn't intended to bag her owner, I have no idea she is so big. I just thought she was cute and wanted to share. :D

Edited by *kirty*

NO!!!! Don't do it!!!! I picked up a stray almost 8 months ago...

...she's still on my couch :o

Full story please, :provoke:

:laugh:

Bones, AKA Stupidface, was a pup (apparently a husky x rotti) of around 6months old when I found her wandering around our street one morning.

As usual, because I can't help myself, I brought her home. I couldn't get her down to the vet any sooner than about 6pm because my car was at the mechanics, so we got her microchip scanned and contacted her owners, who turns out had re-homed her to a family friend (who lives in my street) just the night before becase they couldn't handle her anymore.

I started work at 7pm, they were going away for the weekend, so I said we could look after her for the weekend. On Sunday, I called and had a chat, they were trying to rehome her, so I agreed that we would take her on and find her a new home because she wasn't desexed and I couldn't let them rehome her to someone who would potentially just breed the life out of her.

They came over on the Sunday to hand over her vaccination cards etc and they gave us a small reward (it's the first and probably only time I'll have gotten paid to take a dog! :laugh: ), and the first thing they said was "oh wow, she doesn't bite anymore!"

She ended up staying mostly because Thundercleese has massive fear aggression issues, but from the moment they met, they've been best friends. I love her dearly, but she really has earnt the name Stupidface!!! She is not a very bright spark :p

Well Jelly (how appropriate lol) finally went home at about 8pm tonight. :) Mum said her owners were very relieved. Mind you, I'm not sure Jelly wanted to go home by then hehe...

IMAG1277-1.jpg

don't worry, she would've wanted to by the time your mum had starved her half to death :p

My Mum's dog Jack adores me, but he HATES staying at my house, because he gets appropriate portions of food :laugh:

IMAG1277-1.jpg

ETA Sorry if I offended anyone with my comments on her weight, but she is hugely obese regardless of cause. But my post wasn't intended to bag her owner, I have no idea she is so big. I just thought she was cute and wanted to share. :D

Did she take the bed with her, because she looked comfortable. :laugh:

My Cougar looks just like her & when I first got her I thought she was overweight. My next door neighbour who breed Staffies for over 20 years, said she was fine for an older dog & even though she looked overweight, he could still feel her ribs. So looks can be deceiving, as long as they are active, happy & have regular Vet checks, no problems.

Let's face it, all us middle age ladies get a little rotund around the tummy. :rofl:

IMAG1277-1.jpg

I was the first one to comment about the fact that her weight might be something more than neglectful owners - but I didn't take offense to your post calling her a pudding, she is..

I just wanted to explain that sometimes, no matter what we do, there can be an underlying issue and it isn't always the owners fault that these things happen.

I tried for months when Ollie was sick to find out what else could be wrong, as if mast cell cancer, bladder and kidney stones weren't enough.

I was constantly told to put him on a diet and he was but it made no difference at all. At one stage I think he was about 26kg from memory and equally as round as the dog in your first post. But once we did find out what was wrong and the correct dose of thyroxine was worked out, he went back to being a healthy weight.

It isn't always neglect, was my point.

Poor love might just be a bit lonely or not getting enough family time at her usual place of abode because at 'daycare' she looked to be enjoying herself immensely! Glad she was quickly reunited with her family but I bet it's not the last time she ends up at your mum's place!