Kennels

mr lexmark

My wife has asked me to find a kennel for our Maltese on the gold coast.

We don’t want a cheap place (but don’t want to take out a mortgage).

What experience’s has others had and what should i be looking for?

This is a scary decision for us.

Lex

That place looks good Mish - worth a look.

Mr Lexmark - I would be looking for somewhere the littlies are kept totally separate from the larger dogs. It can be intimidating for them to be around big dogs if they are not used to them.

It defiantly has two different areas for the smaller and larger dogs, they are not kept together. Nor do they mix dogs in the exercise area,s they only go out with the dogs that live in the one home.

No I don't own Abbeyards, I was searching for somewhere to leave my Newfoundland and this is the one I found to suit me best. The air conditioned kennels were the big seller, my boy would die from the heat in some of the other kennels.

Bark royal boutique pet resort. Best kennel ive ever used

I had a look at their website. Plenty of pictures of the "luxury suites" but none of the standard accommodation. Extra charges for administering medications, food etc whereas a lot of kennels will not charge extra for that. No info on whether they feed once or twice a day. Not saying it is not good but it is expensive and I would want to know what I was getting for the extra cost.

Mr Lexmark let us know what your wife thinks.

Edited by Rosetta

Thanks for everybody’s feedback, we took a drive and looked at abbeyards this morning.

I think understand what “mish13” liked about the air conditioning for hot days but it was all indoors with little dirt yards.

While we were there we looked at the kennels next door and it was more suited to us. It has large playgrounds and happy staff.

We still have to see the bark royal but I do like the aaa pet motel.

Lex and kylie